Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking at your house this February 2019?

@hellie jo 

Thank you for your kind thoughts about our recheck appt, and this long day.   

My husbands foot looked good, and the surgeon was very pleased.   He says this wound will fill in and shrink down to a minimal scar, which is so hard to believe when the foot looks like a shark bit the side off!   I pray every day this wound will heal with no more complications.   

We ate at Bob Evans on the way back, so no cooking for me until tomorrow.   I don’t like to eat out in flu season, but this trip takes 8 hrs, so we have to stop for something to eat on the way back.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before Christmas, I bought four crabs at Costco because I couldn't reach the market that morning where I had ordered three cracked crabs, so just in case they weren't there, I bought at Costco to be sure we had some.  Well, the market did have my crabs, fantastic, as usual, which I marinated for Christmas Eve dinner..

I put the Costco crabs in the freezer, and today I made crab marinara with two of them which can be eaten as a thick soup, as I did, or on pasta which DH will eat tonight.  I removed the crab meat from the shells and put the meat back into the sauce after all had simmered for hours.

No rain today, but more on the way.  I will dash out tomorrow to run errands as there won't be rain, supposedly.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@hellie jo 

Thank you for your kind thoughts about our recheck appt, and this long day.   

My husbands foot looked good, and the surgeon was very pleased.   He says this wound will fill in and shrink down to a minimal scar, which is so hard to believe when the foot looks like a shark bit the side off!   I pray every day this wound will heal with no more complications.   

We ate at Bob Evans on the way back, so no cooking for me until tomorrow.   I don’t like to eat out in flu season, but this trip takes 8 hrs, so we have to stop for something to eat on the way back.   

@RedTop   Good to hear your DH's foot is healing nicely, maybe now there will be time to breathe. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking at your house this March 2019 - Almost forgot to change the month

[ Edited ]

Had those WOK veggies again last night. I really like them - a LOT!!! So easy to fix and so good and so many things go with them. Or you can just eat them by themselves - that too is good. However I also - once again - bought some orange chicken as Davey loves that stuff. I do also but occasionally some I buy is just too spicy for me. Have not yet found them like always use to . Very simply to buy a pkg of orange chicken and they were NEVER spicy. Now they put my mouth on fire - just cannot stand the spice. Yes, I read what it says but perhaps I need to take a dictionary with me to figure out just HOW spicy they really are. Ahhh, for the simple life. Davey is still holding up well in school - all A';s again this past week. Now someone tell me why he spent four years with ALL F's.

Suppose to be raining steady AGAIN through next Thursday. They keep changing the days of no rain versus rain and it is driving me insane. Rarely real accurate but bottom line is we have just had enough rain for quite a spell. The ground is not absorbing much of the water.

Tonight it will be me and two cats in the house - should be an easy dinner menu. LOL. I do have some of those veggies left so may have them and some fruit - no way am I standing over the stove tonight. DAvey went to spend the weekend with his Mother. That is good!

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking at your house this March 2019 - Almost forgot to change the month

[ Edited ]