Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking at your house this February 2019?

Made spaghetti,garlic bread and salad tonight.It's snowing off and on today.

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

So I finally gave in and ran into the market to get a roasted chicken.

It was a Perdue and I had green beans and an avacado with it........I have never had anything as dried up as this was........ I will make my own in the future !

@Danky   You can roast a chicken in your air fryer. slather with butter and season, and follow directions, mine was succulent.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. danky when i worked in shaws supermarket our chickens had to be pulled out of the chicken warmer .they couldnt be in there any longer than 4 hours.  its a safty thing .plus the longer there in there there drying up may have got one that was out a long time or they left them in the oven to long . up here sometimes i got them in stop and shop or even better. bgs chickens are hugh and i have allways gotten them good.  cold down here today and its snowing. anna made pasta and meatballs, string beans, salad, fried artichokes, anise salad, roast pork tenderloin,stuffed eggplant and probably more. all was very good but the pasta is allways my favorate. marias birthday i got her an amazon gift card so she she can get what she wants and shes been wanting an edible arrangment for years so i told her i was going to pet store and i picked uo the arrangment. she liked it but she said if i new they were that exspensive i never would have wanted one. hope everyone has a great week.

Respected Contributor

Not real sure what I will fix for dinner - will only be me and Davey but am thinking of Orange Chicken and veggies in the WOK. I have gotten to really like that combination - very good and it is also healthy. Maria always has something on the stove that sounds SO GOOD. How is she feeling Pooky1?

Continued freezing here - literally. Yesterday was another day of early morning hours in the 20s and the warmest it got was about 34. That is not the Sou Cal weather I am use to. Now do not get me wrong, you bet we have had cold spurts through the years but it just does not stay and stay and stay. Same for the water. Too much now as it is not helping, it is destroying things. Cannot get over all the roads literally apart or washing away. Unreal.

Am not ready for 100 plus but would like to move even in my house to where I am not cold. Geesh.

Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Making pizza tonight as I want to use up some sauce.Some sun today,may snow tomorrow.Not much happening.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. today it was bright and sunny and in the 30s. maria made chicken cutlets, mashed potatoes and corn and tomorrow shes making pizza so in the morning i will make dough. i though we had dough in frezzer but when i went to take it out to thaw it and realized it was a package of provolone cheese. hope everyone has a great rest on the week.

Honored Contributor

Ribeyes, French fries, and green beans for us tonight.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

RedTop. I haven't had Ribeyes in a long time - your dinner sounds super good to me. Will probably have some veggies in the WOK, really like veggies that way and although I fix them often, they are healthy so should be no complaints.  Will probably have some cut watermelon with it - now that is really healthy. When you get as old as I am and still like to eat well, fixing it becomes more and more difficult. Sigh.

Another very very COLD morning and we are due rain again. Sigh.

Ditty, the cat who lived at the auto repair shop for years has really taken to me. Must say, however, he is driving me a bit insane but then I think what can I do other than try and give him a new lease on life. He is a cutie but after living outside for such a long time now he is enjoying the coziness of MY BED and staying warm. Still put him out to spend a lot of his time as you cannot - nor do I want to - put a damper on his independence.

Hope all are fine.

Decided to actually check the outside thermometer in my back yard. It IS cold. 20 degrees. 

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

RedTop. I haven't had Ribeyes in a long time - your dinner sounds super good to me. Will probably have some veggies in the WOK, really like veggies that way and although I fix them often, they are healthy so should be no complaints.  Will probably have some cut watermelon with it - now that is really healthy. When you get as old as I am and still like to eat well, fixing it becomes more and more difficult. Sigh.

Another very very COLD morning and we are due rain again. Sigh.

Ditty, the cat who lived at the auto repair shop for years has really taken to me. Must say, however, he is driving me a bit insane but then I think what can I do other than try and give him a new lease on life. He is a cutie but after living outside for such a long time now he is enjoying the coziness of MY BED and staying warm. Still put him out to spend a lot of his time as you cannot - nor do I want to - put a damper on his independence.

Hope all are fine.

Decided to actually check the outside thermometer in my back yard. It IS cold. 20 degrees. 

@Winifred   20 degrees is far too cold for an animal to be outside in, but am glad you have let him inside.  It's 50 here, and I am freezing so my dogs havn't been outside for weeks except to do their business and I am right there to bring them right back inside.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Ribeyes, French fries, and green beans for us tonight.    

@RedTop   Ribeyes are the only steaks I buy, and with fries, a meal that can't be beat. Smiley Happy