Honored Contributor

What's Cooking at Your House in September 2019

[ Edited ]

Tonight will be hamburgers.

Yesterday, I processed eight containers of basil from the garden, and eight large containers of meat sauce for pasta.  We had spaghetti with this sauce last night, and Italian green beans from the garden, these were delicious!  I just ate the beans with some sauce.

I picked enough to blanch and freeze for one meal, hope there will be many more down the line.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend, we will be gardening.

Super Contributor

Re: What's Cooking at Your House in September 2019

Danny "Wegmans" cooks for me.  I hate cooking, always have.  I'd rather clean a toilet!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Yesterday, I processed eight containers of basil from the garden, and eight large containers of meat sauce for pasta.  We had spaghetti with this sauce last night, and Italian green beans from the garden, these were delicious!  I just ate the beans with some sauce.

I picked enough to blanch and freeze for one meal, hope there will be many more down the line.

Using whatever is in the freezer before we lose power from Dorian. Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, chicken pot pies and little White Castle Hamburgers. After this, it’s peanut butter and cereal ☹️☹️☹️

Esteemed Contributor

For DH, sauteed tilapia filets and bow tie pasta with cheese and broccoli.  For me, a Wegmans rotisserie chicken leg.

@fingerlakesny , I love Wegmans!  You're up there in Wegmans land, I would guess.  I go just about every single day.

@mousiegirl , my tomatoes are ripening just now.  I like to pick them at peak ripeness; keeping my fingers crossed that some critter doesn't discover them.  I may lose my nerve and pick a little early, let them completely ripen on the counter.

I hope you remain intact through Dorian, @Mindy D .  I have appreciated your updates.  I am in Virginia and we have no rain in the forecast; in fact it is so dry here I may break an ankle in the cracks in the ground.  Again, I hope the damage, if any, is minimal.  It must be dreadful right now, waiting and wondering.  Keep us posted!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Using whatever is in the freezer before we lose power from Dorian. Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, chicken pot pies and little White Castle Hamburgers. After this, it’s peanut butter and cereal ☹️☹️☹️

@Mindy D   Stay safe.  I hope Dorian isn't as awful as predicted, pretty scary.

The peanut butter and cereal reminded me of a funny That Girl, did you ever watch that?  She had an unexpected party, many people showed up and ate everything and all that was left was cereal and peanut butter, so she put peanut butter onto the tiny flakes of cereal and passed them out, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mindy D   Stay safe.  I hope Dorian isn't as awful as predicted, pretty scary.

The peanut butterand cereal reminded me of a funny That Girl, did you ever watch that?  She had an unexpected party, many people showed up and ate everything and all that was left was cereal and peanut butter, so she put peanut butter onto the tiny flakes of cereal and passed them out, lol.

I don’t remember that episode but I watched the show ever week. I went around trying to imitate Marlo, saying “Oh Don, you’re so funny.” Thanks for the memory.

Regular Contributor

Other than making pesto, how do you "Process" basil from the garden?

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D @That is so funny you mentioned that episode....I was just thinking about the other day.😊

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@Mindy D @That is so funny you mentioned that episode....I was just thinking about the other day.😊

@grandma petes   Another favorite was the Thanksgiving dinner she was having for her parents, a riot, and the episode whererin they were on their way for Don to meet Ann's parents, the car gets stuck in the mud along many other mishaps, lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma petes wrote:

@grandma petes   It was I who mentioned the episode which was brought to mind by what @Mindy D  had said. Smiley Happy