Contributor

Re: What’s Cooking This October 2020?

I have been wanting to make Julia Child’s beef bourguignon for a while now but never had the time. Well now I have the time so I made it yesterday. I didn’t know if it would be worth the hours it took to make it but it did. It was delicious! The meat was sooo tender and the gravy to die for. The only thing I didn’t care for was the pearl onions and if I make it again I’ll leave those out. Tonight it’s back to pizza 🍕😀
Respected Contributor

It has really cooled off here and soup was on our menu.  I made the Tortellini Vegetable soup from a recipe posted in the recipe section.  It was very good!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Today is suppose to be our last 100 or more day until next year. Please say your prayers with me - thanks. The heat has been horrible this year.

Made myself a fried white squash sandwich. a what? are you saying. Well I love fried veggies and have about enough left for perhaps 2 more sandwiches. Hard for me to spend that much time over a stove any more but I manage when it comes to something like that.

Hope all had a great day,.

Regular Contributor

I made a pot roast yesterday.  I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe and I will never make a pot roast any other way.

I usually make Ina Garten recipes but decided to try this one.

It rained all day yesterday.   It was chilly and and raw outside and inside, my house was so cozy and smelled great!

And, of course, the end result was delicious.  The roast was soft and juicy and the veggies were not mushy.

DId an almost 4 lb roast and it took 4 hours at 275 degrees.

Left overs today!

Respected Contributor

Hick, it appears you hit a winner with that recipe. Always good when that happens.

Have no clue whats going to be available here today but plenty of food. My great grand is helping me clean out a shed. He is a BIG boy and likes to eat. LOL.

Hope all have a great day.

Trusted Contributor

@Munchkincat  Inspiring! I want to dig out my copy of her book and make something amazing now.

Regular Contributor

Even the left overs were great!

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know where Pooky1 is? I hope he and his family are OK. I miss him - he always had something good to tell us and it has been over a month since I have seen a post from him. That worries me.

Respected Contributor

It is raining like crazy here in SE Wisconsin. A little low on groceries now but don't want to go out. So I will forage thru the freezer & pantry. If I found ground beef, may go with meat sauce for spaghetti as I have plenty of pasta & jarred sauce. Or may go with grilled cheese sandwiches & chicken soup I have in good supply in freezer. I too enjoy reading posts from @Pooky1 so hope he is well. Also enjoy everyone's posts here & in Recipes forum too. Stay healthy & safe! 🌺🌷💞💕
Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 

I miss your posts here in this thread too!  Hope all is well with you.

We will grill a sirloin steak on the grill tonight.  It is marinating right now.  Baked potato and tossed green salad to go with it.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward