Honored Contributor

What's A Little, Salty Thing You Like To Nibble On???

I love Chex Mix (please leave out the peanuts, and homemade is oh!  SO better!

I also like Tostodos Bite size.  I graduated from a potato chip long ago!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: What's A Little, Salty Thing You Like To Nibble On???

those little rice cake snack chips are the bomb.  They come in many flavors. 

I'm partial to the carmel, and the ranch ones. 

Honored Contributor

I like bakery crackers, we have a small home baker in our area that makes them and sells them to local grocers.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not much of a salty food nibbler (wish I could say the same about sweets!), but every once in a while I like those hard sourdough pretzels.  

Esteemed Contributor

olives, newest fav     blu cheese stuffed olive

Respected Contributor

Oh man...little, salty, nibbles...is my "kryptonite" lol...so I have to exercise discipline with not shopping for them regularly.  That said...my list could be a mile long if it would never effect my weight or health....

If I could eat them without consequence...Cheez-its, or those little Goldfish. 

But also, at my local farm market up the road, they have homemade Kettle-corn...and it's one of my favorite, crunchy guilty pleasures. Moderation you say? hahahahahaaaaaaaaa. 😋

Esteemed Contributor

I am the self-proclaimed queen of salty snacks! I *rarely* want a sweet treat.

My latest "find" is Cheese Whisps, which are just crunchy, dried cheese. They come in multiple flavors, but the cheddar is my favorite. I also love pretzels (both the frozen kind you nuke in the microwave and the crunchy kind, where I prefer sticks), tortilla chips, and reduced fat Triscuits (why eat the extra fat when they taste the same as the original?). I also make my own snack mixes and crackers from time to time.

And although they're meaty as well as salty, which may not be what you're looking for, I adore pepperoni chips: Just place a layer of any type of pepperoni on a paper towel over a microwave-safe plate (use a real one rather than a paper one for best effect) and cook on high until they look dark and are a bit crispy, usually about 45-55 seconds. They will crisp a little more after you let them sit for a minute (while you're using another paper towel to dab away some of the oil that's released). I'm sure you could bake them in the oven as well, but I've never tried. Too impatient, I guess. Smiley Wink  You can eat them plain or use them like you would other chips for dipping.

I look forward to seeing the other replies in this thread...

Esteemed Contributor

There's not many salty snacks that I don't like! Mostly I nibble on pretzel sticks, cheese crackers, cashews, smokey almonds, green olives....the list goes on. I've never graduated from potato chips - nor would I want to!

Esteemed Contributor

Olives,potato chips, pretzels 🥨 & cashews!! But in moderation. They can pack on the pounds!!

Respected Contributor

Aldi SimplyNature Kids Organic White Cheddar Puffs..I have to put a small amount in a bowl or I'll eat the whole bag.