Honored Contributor

What other uses have you gone to for Temptations you aren't using?

I don't like waste.  I have some sets of dishes that I was so sure I'd be using forever, then things changed and I'm just storing them.  Have you found other uses not food related, that you use the dishes for?  Please let me know, I need some ideas. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What other uses have you gone to for Temptations you aren't using?

Difficult to use dishes for something other.........I recently packed up set of Johnson Bros plates - b & b - soup set and donated to charity plus Cook's E cast iron w/enamel cookware.   Somebody less fortunate can have and use them.

Super Contributor

Hi Quality Girl, other than bowls which can be repurposed for many things, the only thing I have found to do with ceramic ware I no longer use is to donate it.  I suppose that plates can be used as planter 'coasters'  or as trivets.  I will be very curious to see if some creative person can offer suggestion how to repurpose bakers which I collect than donate in droves lol!

Esteemed Contributor

I have found some other uses for my Temptations dishes. I have a divider oval dish that I use in the laundry room to hold collar stays, coins from the pockets, etc. It sits on top of my dryer. Comes in handy. I use the glass trivets under ceramic vases, pots, etc. so they don't scratch the table. Some of the smaller pieces (like the figurals) I use for my sewing bits & pieces & buttons for a quick and easy way to find those items. I put a few of the smaller mugs in my husband's bathroom for those razors,floos, items in the pockets, etc. 

A few of the larger dishes that are starting to craze I use to hold L&L lids, small misc. microwave items, plastic utensils,drinking straws,kiddie sippy cups. It looks less like stuff and more organized on my kitchen cart. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you're really never going to use the dishes again and you don't want to sell them or donate them as a set, use them for distributing treats to your family and friends, whether at the holidays or "just because." They'll be much more attractive and impressive than a regular ol' paper plate or plastic bowl.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have one that I use in the freezer to hold ice packs, and a couple in the pantry for organization, and it looks pretty.  Of course, fruit holders on the counter, some simply for decoration, some mini pie dishes that I use for measuring dry dog food - some hold assorted trinkets, rubber bands, clips, coupons - some could be used as plant trays and I've used them as candle holders, too - 

But that doesn't touch the ones I still use every day (dishes, bake ware, on and on).

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Donate it, then I have space for cookware that is lighter weight and does not crack or craze!

Esteemed Contributor

How about using them as planters? I gave my friend 3 mixing bowls and she has them in her window as planters, They are different sizes and they are a few inches apart from each other and they look terrific.