Trusted Contributor

holiday items have you seen?  I don’t think they’re new,but I am lovin’ the drizzled gingerbread oat bars.  Since I have to be gluten free,I was thrilled to find them. Anybody with a new or old favorite?

Honored Contributor

@2zbeach I was just there yesterday to purchase my Thanksgiving dinner but unfortunately what I wanted was out of stock and they don't know when the warehouses will catch up (it was a rolled turkey breast and stuffing wrapped in puff pastry with cranberry sauce and gravy on the side.  Thanksgiving in a box, perfect for me!).  I hope they get it back in for Christmas as I would love to try it.

They had all of their Christmas items out including their darling advent calendar.  I love shopping there, something for everybody and nice things for gift giving too . . . Christmas Snowman animated emoticon

Respected Contributor

I got our almond Kringle a couple of weeks ago.  I asked for one that still frozen and it went right into our freezer, yum.

Respected Contributor

Re: What new Trader Joe’s

[ Edited ]

I bought some small boxes of Salted Dark Chocolate Covered Caramels. There are 4 candies to a box. Perfect size for stocking stuffers. Plus, I also can give them along with gift cards (so I'm not just giving a card lol).

I was in Trader Joe's to buy some of their Turkey Gravy. We're having a smoked turkey this year, and there won't be drippings to make gravy. I bought several boxes of the TJ gravy, and when I got home, I opened one to try. YUK. I didn't like it at all. I was surprised; that's the first product of theirs that's been disappointing. 

I decided to make gravy from a recipe on the Internet using  roasted turkey pieces (wings or legs) to make drippings and a rich broth for gravy.

Super Contributor

Haven't bought a brined turkey at TJ's for years, but this year we had 2 Thanksgiving dinners. Had the whole family on the 9th as that was when our daughter from Okla was able to come. 

So had a precooked, half breast, brined, not frozen and ready to reheat turkey today. Just one daughter and myself. Turkey was great. Darling daughter decided she wanted sweet potatoes with marshmallows also. WELL, after the fire in the oven we started wondering what was with the marshmallows! Couldn't believe how they puffed up, flowed over the sides of the casserole before we could get them out and immediately caught fire. In all my many, many years have never had a fire  in the oven or had jet propelled marshmalllows.

Cooking sure is changling

Honored Contributor

@SeasonedCitizen first off thank you for your review on the turkey from TJ's as I was thinking of purchasing one for Thanksgiving but thought it would be too much for just me but I could slice it and freeze what is leftover.  

Your story about the flaming marshmallows took me back a few years when I made for the first time a sweet potato casserole that had marshmallows on top.  I only had a Breville oven to cook in and happily popped the casserole in and was monitoring it throughout the bake cycle.  I turned my back on it for not that long and when I turned around I had what looked like a yule log burning brightly in said oven . . . a quick pull of the plug and all was well but after I calmed down I thought I would never stop laughing!

Thanks again for your TJ turkey review.  I'll have to be on the lookout for a small one and try it myself.

Super Contributor

Have to add something else to my TJ's report. They have a GREAT Ugly Sweater Decorating Kit for $5.99. I bought one for a gift for a friend for a little entertainment after their holiday dinner' Ages ranged from Soph. in high school to a couple of 1st and 2nd graders. Cookies are a good size and already baked (10 of them) and the ugly colors. for decorating. No real mess or clean up. She reported that everyone had a ball with this, even the adults.

Even tho it was a great gift for kids, I thoght it could be a lot of fun to have some of my crafty friends over for tea in an afternoon and use that as the fun of the day. Also want to get a couple of boxes as gifts for a couple of young families that have younger kids. We can all use a few laughs and fun during these times.