Honored Contributor

What kind of a cook are you?

Just got done with my third load of dishes. (I'm the dishwasher) I used almost every dish, bowl and utensil. What a good time I had!!!

So I want to know, (and I do on some things, clean up as I go), this one today, didn't allow for anything but stacking, or at least it's how I worked today.

So, again, what kind of a cook are you?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What kind of a cook are you?

Even though my husband does the dishes, I'm very efficient in the kitchen.  I get that from my Mom.

My husband uses one dish or utensil for one task, then gets another.  He has used every dish in the cupboards making sandwiches for the kids and me.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very basic - very Southern.  DH doesn't like anything with BBQ sauce, mayo,  ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, etc.  So there's no cooking anything spicy or highly seasoned. In fact, aything fancy gets the raise of an eyebrow from him.  Lucky I learned to cook with my Grandmother, only the basics, but I had to unlearn how much salt she used in everything.

Since I'm the kitchen person, I use as few dishes as possible, and make good use of the dishwasher.

Honored Contributor

Sad to say, but I'm really more of a Lean Quisine cook.Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Crappy.  Can I say that??

Honored Contributor

I am not a very confident cook but I am very efficient as I am the dish washer and do not have a built in model . . . when I find recipes that involve multiple pots and bowls  I usually move on . . . works out best all the way around!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I use more dishes/utensils than I'd like.  I load the dishwasher as I go.  By the time I'm done, everything is in the dishwasher.

Super Contributor

i have to use a recipe.  i use the wrong knifes to cut things-  i usually grab a steak knife to cut small things.  i rely on my mom to teach me how to "doctor up"  boxed mixes- add 1/2 cup flour to boxed cake mixes to make the batter thicker, add diced apple to stuffing mixes.  I like the process of cooking and baking- I like to cook from scratch, I just need a recipe.

Honored Contributor

I love to cook and try new recipes but I am a messy cook.  It is amazing how many bowls, spoons, knives I get dirty just to make dinner!!

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I love to cook and try new recipes but I am a messy cook.  It is amazing how many bowls, spoons, knives I get dirty just to make dinner!!

Me too.