Honored Contributor

What is your quick, cheap meal you would NOT serve to guests?

Woman Embarassed  I just made one of mine and I have to laugh.  I have a giant collection of cookbooks, stocked freezer and pantry and I made:

Ramen noodles and a can of zucchini and tomatoes.  

And we liked it!  Woman Very HappyWoman TongueWoman Surprised  It is one of those go to's when you have no intent to cook and you've already had a sandwich, a peanut butter, tuna, and cheese and crackers the other days.  .  .LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your quick, cheap meal you would NOT serve to guests?

I would feed any meal I make to guests.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

A can of zucchini and tomatoes?   Wow, I haven't had that combination in ages, and as I recall it's quite good.  Woman LOL

I bet it would be good chilled, too. 

One fave summer veg side dish is sliced pickled beets, served cold.   The cold beets are nice with a sandwich and are sorta somewhere between a pickle and a vegetable.  I always leave a can in the fridge as a backup "emergency" vegetable.  lol

Valued Contributor

I just finished making chicken pot pie. After a very long time in the hot kitchen, which included making my own crust, I wish I had made something easier. It was, however, very good. 

Honored Contributor

One of my favorite quick meals is a shelf stable Hormel Compleats Chicken Alfredo dinner with a garlic cheese bread stick and a small sliced avocado with a dab of dressing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Quick, easy, and not suitable for guests is actually how I would describe most of our meals, LOL!

Last night it was cheese quesadillas and sliced cucumbers. It's not not a horrible meal, but I wouldn't serve it to guests. The night before that I grilled some chicken on the grill pan and served it over Caesar salad from a bag kit. Again, it's not a terrible meal, but unless the guests are family and the gathering was last-minute, I wouldn't serve it to them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  I agree with @Group 5 minus 1. I would serve any meal I make to guests. Of course, I would pick the meal to suit the guests.

Respected Contributor

Leftover fresh fish, Uncle Ben's Jasmine Ready Rice, butter & Aldi steam in bag frozen broccoli....mix buttered rice, flaked fish & 1/2 bag broccoli together, serve with ranch dressing on the side. Doesn't  look pretty but I enjoy it....quick, easy, filling. 

Respected Contributor

Good enough for me good enough for my guests.  Lol

Sometimes I just have popcorn.

Honored Contributor

A bowl of beefaroni Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise