Honored Contributor

Re: What is your kitchen pet peeve?

It upsets me to walk into my mother's beautiful, updated kitchen, and see shabby, ready for the trash, dish towels when I know she has pretty ones in a drawer.     

It upsets me that right now, a Thanksgiving themed dish towel is hanging on my stove, because my husband never pays any attention to what he pulls out of the drawer.   

It upsets me to open my refrigerator and see less than a half cup of liquid left inside a juice bottle, or container of milk.   

Trusted Contributor

Mine is when a guest or family comes in and starts taking over my kitchen without asking me... hey do you need any help with anything, or what can I do to help ?

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

1. I'm Clutter, especially in the kitchen, as well as dishes in and around the sink...dishwasher or not, get 'me done!

Litter box(es) not cleaned on daily basis 

Dirty kitchen floors

Respected Contributor

sorry for all the typos, not me!  Having horrible glitches all day yesterday and today on iPad...so frustrating and really has me angry...

Honored Contributor

I believe the reason I am still single is because I have yet to find a man who knows (without being told) that you have to rinse the bottom of the dish as well as the top.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

My husband leaves little messes in the microwave (usually coffee splatters). 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

What makes me crazy is not being able to find that perfect utensil. You know the one you bought specifically for a certain recipe, I can't wait to use it. Where the heck is it???? And I live alone, so who can I blame, LOL.

Ok @QVCkitty1 this made me laugh out loud but my problem is why did I buy a specific ingredient as I can't remember what recipe it was for  . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

LyndaGee wrote:

My husband leaves little messes in the microwave (usually coffee splatters). 

Oh dear, that reminds me of a place where I worked, years ago.  There were only three of us.  The other two used the microwave.  The first time I saw the inside of it I knew that I would NEVER use that thing!

I have seldom seen anything as filthy as the inside of that microwave.  They would put things in there to heat up and often not even covered!  There was caked on food debris, for who knows how long, on the top, bottom, and every wall.  It was so disgusting! 

Needless to say, the inside of my microwave oven is always clean.  I can't even stand the thought of having food debris (or, for that matter, putting something in there that isn't covered anyway!) left in there.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

eww! 

Mine is when someone puts dishes in the sink! Are they going to transfer themselves to the dishwasher? No. Or start scrubbing themselves? No, they are not.

OMG, I can't believe this!  I just said the same thing to a friend today in an email!  The guilty party in my case is the DH!  He will not, no matter how many times I ask, simply put dishes in the dishwasher.  No, he leaves them to "soak" in the sink.

I had a hair appointment this morning.  Left the kitchen clean.  Came back to a sinkful of dishes, pans on the stove - all from him cooking his own breakfast!  I didn't do a single thing until I cleared all that away, fuming!  I hate having to try to keep up with the mess and it's only just the two of us.

Valued Contributor

Not a bad thing but just something that I don't understand---my hubby seems to forget which drawer the knives are in.  They have been in the same drawer for years and he still opens the wrong one to put a knife away.  LOL    The only thing that really peeves me is that he will wash dishes (and does a wonderful job) but he refuses to wring out the dishcloth.  He just leaves it in a wet mess in the sink.  Then when I come home, it's wet and cold and yucky.  If that's the only thing that he does that peeves me, I'd say I'm one lucky woman !!