Honored Contributor

Re: What is your kitchen pet peeve?

becca lou wrote:

I do not eat at other people's houses any more. I am now wondering if people wash their hands before preparing food. And I was at a cook out a few years back and I caught the host's Husband drop food on the ground off the grill and he placed it on the plate to still serve it. Also I now worry if the food was refrigerated properly. Not to make people afraid, but, I became very ill after a cookout at a family reunion. So that has been ruined for me.

Hi!  Being somebody who is not only a reality-based thinker, but quite food-neurotic, I can totally relate.   I think such thoughts and can't even remember the last time I ate at somebody else's house.

Oh wait, I do - they had a gas grill and barbequed steaks that, of course, tasted like gas.   ick!  That was about 15 years ago.

Aside from that, I've also seen things in peoples' houses that skeeve me out, kitchen/cooking-wise.   Being as food-neurotic as I am, I'm pretty picky.  People give me a hard time but that's fine.  If it makes them feel superior to give me a ration, then go ahead and use me.  I don't care.

Of course we will get grief here for having these thoughts and the stale old 'well, I hope you don't eat in restaurants because it's probably worse than anybody's house'.  To which I would say - duh!   

Of course there are standarads so all restaurants are not filth pits but I think we all know it happens and would tend to spend our money accordingly.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: What is your kitchen pet peeve?

When I can't find that certain pot, lid, kitchen tool, cheesecake pan, etc that I know I have and know I am probably looking right at it!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you