Super Contributor

Re: What is your favorite thing to make with ground beef?

We eat more ground beef than any other meat. My favorite is hamburgers quickly followed by chili (or taco soup). Meat loaf, meatballs, tacos, spaghetti, sloppy joes, stuffed cabbage, stuffed peppers, etc.; it's all good. I do not like hamburger pizza, hamburger gravy, vegetable soup with hamburger. Being from Kansas and a farmer's daughter, I only hope the current high price of beef is being trickled down to the hardworking cattlemen!

Honored Contributor

Meatloaf
Stuffed Peppers
Tacos
Lasagna
Burgers
Calico Beans

Trusted Contributor

Vegetable Beef Soup

1 lb. ground beef

1 cup chopped onions

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

4 cups hot water

1 16-oz. can of tomatoes

1 cup sliced celery

1 tsp. salt

2 bouillon cubes

1 bay leaf

1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1/8 tsp. pepper

1 10-oz. pkg. Birds Eye 5-minute mixed vegetables

1 cup egg noodles

1/2 tsp. thyme

Saute beef and onions in butter in large saucepan until meat is well browned. Add water, tomatoes, celery, salt, bouillon cubes, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 30 minutes.

Add mixed vegetables, noodles and thyme. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Makes about 9 ½ cups or 8-10 servings.

Trusted Contributor

Valued Contributor

Shepherd's Pie - there are a lot of recipes out there and you can make it with fresh or canned veggies, box or real mashed potatoes etc. It's great.

Super Contributor

Live this post! I like to make tacos, burgers, chili. Eliana, thank you for the soup recipe! I will make this.
Honored Contributor

I love goulash!!! How about tacos? Lasagna?

Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 BeckiWV said:

I made a soup in the crock pot yesterday with ground chuck, chopped onion, jarred sweet italian peppers, beef broth and rice. It was so good and hit the spot because it was cold. I just had leftovers tonight and it tasted even better than yesterday.

If you check back on this, would you do your recipe? Hubby asked for some soup the other day. I guess I'll need to did through some of my books.

Honored Contributor

Meatballs, Italian or Pizza Meatloaf and Poor Man's Steak.

Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

Shepherd's Pie - there are a lot of recipes out there and you can make it with fresh or canned veggies, box or real mashed potatoes etc. It's great.

I just made my first Shepherd's Pie a few months ago. I found several recipes and combined what I liked from each one and it is now one of my favorite meals. And quite tasty.