Trusted Contributor

Re: What is your favorite brand of frozen pizza?

@stevieb wrote:

Home Run Inn is the best I've tried. There are other 'national' brands that will do, but this is the one that I can eat and actually feel like I really had pizza...

Hi @stevieb,

I'd have to say that I agree with you.

I think that Home Run Inn is one of the best frozen pizzas around. We have tried others, and this one is good.

We also like Uno's for deep dish Chicago-style frozen pizza. I don't think that it's that easy to find. We'll pick one up if we can find it in one of our supermarkets in our area. 

Frequent Contributor

Heggi's Piza--so delicious and I have tried them all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toppers wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Home Run Inn is the best I've tried. There are other 'national' brands that will do, but this is the one that I can eat and actually feel like I really had pizza...

Hi @stevieb,

I'd have to say that I agree with you.

I think that Home Run Inn is one of the best frozen pizzas around. We have tried others, and this one is good.

We also like Uno's for deep dish Chicago-style frozen pizza. I don't think that it's that easy to find. We'll pick one up if we can find it in one of our supermarkets in our area. 

@Toppers Thank gosh for Harris Teeter, the only place locally I can find Home Run... and they are so good... I've had Unos and they're not bad at all, but since there's a restaurant locally, I will get them there occasionally. Digiorno Classic Thin Crust 4 Cheese is pretty good too, as is Amy's basic pizza, but it's small for the price.

Edited to whine... that I can see I need to make a trip to Harris Teeter soon, because now I have this craving... and none in the freezer...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

I also enjoy the walmart brand.  They have quite a few choices.:

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr TY for the information.  Being a Chicagoan we eat thin and deep dish and very often.  It depends what part of Chicagoland someone is from whether they prefer thin or deep dish.  I am a south sider and we prefer the thin round pie cut into squares, although I will order a deep dish from time to time, Northside prefers deep dish. There is nothing like a good fresh hot pizza, although I like to keep a frozen pizza in the freezer for when I want a last minute quick pizza and don't feel like delivery or going to pick it up.  I just checked that pizza is not sold in the Chicago area.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Frequent Contributor

I like Freschetta, thick crust, cheese only.  I tried the thin crust and did not really like it.

Honored Contributor

Publix brand of 4 cheese pizza.    Lots of flavor, I also like the taste of the sauce, too.   Crust is just right, not too thin.

I'll have to look up the Home Run Inn to see if my local Publix carries it.

@chicagoan wrote:

I like to keep a frozen pizza in the freezer and I usually buy a couple of local brands (Chicagoland) Home Run Inn or Doreen's. I always buy sausage, not fond of pepperoni.  Looking for a new brand for a change of taste, but, I hate when I buy one that taste like cardboard.

What brand do you buy and What do you rate it... 1 to 5 stars

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Publix brand of 4 cheese pizza.    Lots of flavor, I also like the taste of the sauce, too.   Crust is just right, not too thin.

I'll have to look up the Home Run Inn to see if my local Publix carries it.

@chicagoan wrote:

I like to keep a frozen pizza in the freezer and I usually buy a couple of local brands (Chicagoland) Home Run Inn or Doreen's. I always buy sausage, not fond of pepperoni.  Looking for a new brand for a change of taste, but, I hate when I buy one that taste like cardboard.

What brand do you buy and What do you rate it... 1 to 5 stars

@software, I agree with @Chicagoan I love Home Run Inn pizza and they do ship to quite a few places throughout the US.  For me, their crust (thin) is the best (great flavor and texture).  I always have a stash of their individual pizzas in my freezer should a pizza craving kick in . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@stevieb and @TOPPER, Home Run Inn has always been my favorite, but, sometimes I need a change.  I grew up a few blocks from the Original Home Run Inn on the south side, when it was just a litte tavern and made awesome pizza, I was winged on Home Run Inn...lol  When I want a frozen deep dish, I like Gino's East that has the one thin layer of sausage.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

I've always like Stouffers french bread pizza for a frozen pizza.   Usually I buy a refrigerated pizza kit from my local Shoppers grocery and add some of my own spices to it.