Valued Contributor

What is your favorite brand of frozen pizza?

I like to keep a frozen pizza in the freezer and I usually buy a couple of local brands (Chicagoland) Home Run Inn or Doreen's. I always buy sausage, not fond of pepperoni.  Looking for a new brand for a change of taste, but, I hate when I buy one that taste like cardboard.

What brand do you buy and What do you rate it... 1 to 5 stars

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your favorite brand of frozen pizza?

I buy Paul Newman pizzas. I sauté my own veggies to put on the plain Margarita pizza. What I like about this brand is that it is not gloppy with fatty cheese. The crust is thin and the taste is just right.

Honored Contributor

The only kind I buy once in a while is Amy's Spinach pizza.  She has others but that's my favorite.  I'd give it a 3.  It's good but I wouldn't rave about it.  

Honored Contributor

DiGiorno Pizzeria, thin crust Spinach and Mushroom. For a frozen pizza it's darn tasty. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Honestly, I have tried so many frozen pizzas and I just don't care for any of them.  I guess if I was forced to buy one, it would be Newmanns.  I'd give that about a 4. 

There is a local pizza shop that beats all of them and they aren't much more expensive either so I prefer to order mine. 

I've not heard of the brands you mentioned.

Honored Contributor

I don't get pizza a lot but when I'm in the mood, I get Red Baron, esp. the individual ones. They do the crust and proportions of everything else just right I think. I usually get the deep dish, but like their thin ones too.

Surprisingly, one of the best ordered pizza's I've had lately was at a church and I asked where it came from-Sam's club!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Definitely Digiorno - no ompetition IMHO!

Honored Contributor

Dr. Oetker's is very good, there are always several in my freezer.  For more traditional types, I like DiGiorno's Thin Crust.

Esteemed Contributor

Instead of frozen, we've been getting the refrigerated pizzas in Walmart's deli.  They cost from $3.50 to $8.99 depending on size and toppings.  I check the dates and get one that will be fresh for the next week to ten days.  IMO these are better than the selections in the frozen aisle.  

My fave frozen pizza is DiGiorno spinach.  I also like Uno frozen pizzas, but most of the local stores have stopped carrying that brand.

Trusted Contributor

DiGiorno "Pizzeria" style ONLY.  Regular or thin crust.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~