Valued Contributor

Re: What is your favorite berry?

First choice, strawberries in any form -- fresh, in desserts, smoothies, jam/preserves, but especially marinated in some sugar and sweet vermouth and served cold.

Second choice, blueberries -- fresh, in pie, preserves, smoothies, with yogurt or cottage cheese.

Respected Contributor

raspberries

Respected Contributor

Chuck Berry

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess. Try rinsing your berries in a weak vinegar and water when you get them home from the store to help them keep a little better. I never tried it because we grow our own, but my SIL says it works. I think she pats them with paper towel after the rinse.

Honored Contributor

Strawberries  and Blueberries.  They are delicious in smoothies along with pineapple, orange juice, a few cranberries, and a dollop of yogurt. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Frequent Contributor

Red Raspberries

Blueberries

Thimbleberries

Least is Blackberry

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Chuck Berry

@Scooby Doo Smiley LOLSmiley LOL My mind went the same place when I saw the topic !! (maybe we both need help Smiley Happy  Of course now that he passed we can only listen to recordings.

I believe I probably buy strawberries the most often , but love them all. A friend gave us chocolate covered 'huckleberries' once as a gift. She had purchased them from a place in Montana I believe. I had never heard of them before . Delicious. Much like blueberries.

Honored Contributor

Blueberries

Favorite apple: Ida Reds, they are sadly missing from my store shelves this year too.

Respected Contributor

i had gone in home depot a few years ago at the end of season and bought marked down blackberry and rasberry bushes. there berrys are so good.