Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite ONION

I have ten lbs of Valdaia coming soon, and some to my sister. I buy 2 10# every summer from a man namrd Henry, who is the Farmer who grows them. I love them.He is so nice, I live in WV , and always excited when they arrive.I just went to Valdaia onion on Google and they turned up.This is my second year. He says when the last shipping will be so I order another to have over the winter. 

Respected Contributor

I like red onions in salads and on the rare occasion that I eat a cheeseburger.

Coming is second are vadalia and Walla Walla sweets.

Respected Contributor

Vadalia

Respected Contributor

@forrestwolf, I only like Vidalia on a salad or burger. I hate cooking with them. It is like dumping a cup or 2 of sugar in your stew or anything that should be savory. Ruins it!!!Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

Cooking with Spanish (or yellow) onions, green salads with red onion, and pizza with scallions.  Scallions are also good in pasta salads.

Respected Contributor

Cipollini onions on salads, then vidalia are a second.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually buy yellow onions, but use vidalia, green or red onions if they are needed for a particular recipe.

Honored Contributor

You know it is Spring when your thoughts turn to Vidalia onions.  I can't wait.  The Masons in our area sell 10 lb. bags as a fund raiser and I always pick up about three bags. This also signals the beginning of potato salad season, Vidalias are the best.  Second any large sweet onion, I never put those smaller cooking onions in anything served "raw."  

Honored Contributor

To me an onion is an onion. They all taste the same to me. Maybe I  am weird 😜

Honored Contributor

Shallots.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras