Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite ONION

Scallions

Honored Contributor

Red onions for salads and sweet onions for the rest. 

Honored Contributor

Organic yellow onions, from the dirt to my kitchen in 24 hours

They last forever.

I love them cooked as well as raw.

Honored Contributor

Sweet.

Esteemed Contributor

Large white onions...Sweet Spanish

Trusted Contributor

Vidalia, Texas Sweet or  Walla Walla.  Red onions are good too.  I never eat raw onions.  Up until a few years ago, I would never eat anything containing onion.  Now I can't imagine cooking without them.  They lend such wonderful flavor.

Respected Contributor

@forrestwolf You may want to consider cutting them up and freeze them. If you cook them, then this will help you keep your onions in our humid weather. You can also consider getting some of those dehumidifier canisters and keeping your onions in a cabinet with the canister in a burlap bag. If you keep them in the bags from the grocery they are too much plastic and the humidity will get them. They do need total darkness to keep them from sprouting as well since the light triggers it. Welcome to rural Georgia! We travel at a slower, more relaxed pace than the big cities!
Honored Contributor

Love onions - sauteed till carmelized, thick rings fried in beer batter - raw thin and sweet on a burger

okay - mouth salivating

Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss  They had some Vidalias on sell here, and decided I would buy a bag, in mesh bags, and all were bad, so had the produce person go to get me a good bag, and when he brought them out, every bag was bad....Woman Embarassed He was ashamed, as he said, they were on sale, and now, he had no onions to sell!!!!

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

LOL I always dealt with the local growers like Morris Farms or others like that