Respected Contributor

Re: What is your DH's favorite dessert?

@ECBG< Oh to have a man's metabolism > I always say if there is reincarnation let me come back with this ! or at least a metabolism. I think being tall and an ectomorph  /mesomorph mix would be so much easier and I could reach my top cabinets.

but.. I digress... DH's favorite -- apple crisp  and pumpkin pie equally  .  When I make these I rarely have to be concerned about eating more than one serving as it is gone within 1 or 2 days.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Mine absolutely loves angel food cake with caramel icing.  I hate it - much too syrupy sweet.  And the carmel icing always wants to cave in the soft cake.  I have no idea where this started, but it's my least favorite dessert. So when I make it, he eats the whole cake in about four days.  And he never gains an ounce. Life is not always fair.

Just back to add thata he also loves oatmeal-raisin cookies.

@Perkup****He must love things with brown sugar.  Try blonde brownies.  They're really good, just a little chewey.

He will love this.  I used it in my Advanced Foods classes and always make it for Christmas presents.  All you need is a hand mixer.

When I do pan cookies and fudge, I have a trick for cutting the cookies which prevents you from having to dig up the corner pieces.

Line the 9 X 13 down one side, across the bottom and up the other side; however when before you tear off the aluminum foil, leave about 12 inches hanging over each side like wings.

Like this:

_____              ______

\______/                 When you grease it, grease the sides and bottom, not the wings.  You ignore the wings until you cut.

Pecan Butterscotch Bars

4 Eggs

1 16 oz box Light Brown Sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2 C  Biscuit mix (Bisquick)

2 C coarsly chopped pecans or walnuts

1 (6 oz) pkg butterscotch morsels

Greased 9 x 13 pan

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

In large bowl, beat eggs until frothy.

Gradually beat in sugar until thick.

Stir in remaing ingredients 

Spread batter into greased pan.

Bake 40-45 minutes.

Cool.

Cut into bars (top will crackle)

When they are cool, you can losten down the unlined sides with a knife and pick up the whole thing using the wings as handles to place on a cutting board.

They're beyond easy to cut.

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, ECBG.  He does love brown sugar.  In fact, when he eats grapefruit he coats the half in brown sugar and microwaves it to melt the sugar. Not my cup of tea, but he loves it.

Honored Contributor

my s/o is not a huge sweet person......it is pretty rare when he eats sweets, especially as a dessert. he does like baklava, cream puffs, and simple pound cake. i make a pound cake for him every other week or so because sometimes he will eat it as a mid morning snack with his hot tea.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Thanks, ECBG.  He does love brown sugar.  In fact, when he eats grapefruit he coats the half in brown sugar and microwaves it to melt the sugar. Not my cup of tea, but he loves it.

@Perkup***Oh! just had an idea!  For Father's Day go to the site of River Street Sweets!  They make the most amazing pecan pralines by hand in small batches.  Often they have a buy something and get a pound of the pralines free!  They come seperately sealed!  He'll faint!  Guaranteed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband never liked dessert for years and when he became diabetic, he craves Gelato, any flavor.  

My #1 son loves NY cheescake, #2 son likes old timey banana pudding, #3 only eats sweets at Christmas and daughter never eats sweets.

Oh, yes, I forgot.  Anything sweet, I love it.