Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is on your dinner menu tonight?

loaded baked potato with steamed veggies and 2% cheese & sour crème

Husband is stopping by his parents home to help them with confusing paperwork. MIL is feeding him. Potato is a perfect meal for just me after a long day and light lunch.

Enjoy your dinner and if this applies to you -- stay warm!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

Beef stew, and Lisa Robertson's roasted butternut squash recipe. Yummy!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 adoreqvc said:

We are making Southern Fried Chicken with Country fresh garlic mashed potatoes topped with fried caramelized onions, and a nice Greek Feta Cheese Salad.

Dessert will be in a heart shaped Coeur la creme mold served with fresh strawberry sauce. Hubby's favorite and could not say no to making it.

Set an extra plate! I'm on my way.

Yummy.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Cottage pie: sauteed chopped baby bella mushrooms, onion, lean ground beef, brought up to a gravy with flour, a 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, a lashing of red wine, worcestershire sauce and water to make a gravy. Topped with mashed potato sprinkled with panko and parmesan, baked 20 min at 375. Very good.

Valued Contributor

Everybody for themselves!

Respected Contributor

Seriously,all of these suppers sound good. I would be pleased to sit at any of your tables. I was having cottage cheese and raspberries with kashi toasted berry crumble on top. Now that just seems so BLAH.....lol. I hope y'all enjoy your meals as much as I enjoyed reading them. Bon appetite!!!!!
Respected Contributor

Hi IamMrs.G,

Your dinner menu and everyone's menus are so tasty sounding.

Many thanks for your kind words, and I know you will love caramelized onions on top of your mashed potatoes when you try them, they are addictive and so delicious!

Secondly White Lily will make your biscuits turn out flaky and scrumptious providing the dough is not handled too much. It is a very good flour.

Respected Contributor

Hi Gardensia,

I set that extra plate so you, and anyone else can come on by.

I wish we all had smell and taste o'vision, so we could all sample everything.

I think some of life's greatest pleasures is being able to enjoy good tasty food and the aromas that are associated with the food as well as great company to also share in the enjoyment.

Enjoy everyone!

Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2015 birkin baby said: Seriously,all of these suppers sound good. I would be pleased to sit at any of your tables. I was having cottage cheese and raspberries with kashi toasted berry crumble on top. Now that just seems so BLAH.....lol. I hope y'all enjoy your meals as much as I enjoyed reading them. Bon appetite!!!!!

It sounds DELICIOUS. I have to get some cottage cheese and those kashi.

Our cottage cheese is not good out here. When I go west, the Kroger brand is delicious. We have Daisy and Breakstone. I don't like either.

Esteemed Contributor

Made a pot of turkey chili last nite for tonite.

Some garlic cheese biscuits and we're good!