Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is everyone having for lunch?

@phluphyI don't think I've ever had creamed peas and potatoes, but it sounds great. How do you make it?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@tobes  I am from Jersey and moved South about 20 years ago. It's amazing what they don't know.  Pastina, forget about it.  Escarole, rub a lamp.  And real provolone or romano and parmesan, you will find that in the "specialty" shops or areas.  I've never been so high class and exclusive in all my life.  Smiley Very Happy  

@Laura14 

LOL at "it's amazing what they don't know", we certainly know what pastina, escarole and "real provolone, romano and parmesan" are and they are not in the "specialty" shops here.

Actually it's amazing to us what people from 'Jersey' don't know.

@KingstonsMom  She doesn't speak for everyone.

I'm So glad to hear that @proudlyfromNJ !

I've always appreciated the 'spunk' of Jersey girls, even though I'm a born and raised southern girl, I'm a 'rebel', LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@Laura14   I think even the "Subway" sandwich shop here offers provolone as a choice.  

you on the east coast?  nm just saw your response

@kittyloo The Subway guy actually gave me corporate office's number because he gets asked for provolone a lot and our local shops don't carry it.  ☹️

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@tobes  I am from Jersey and moved South about 20 years ago. It's amazing what they don't know.  Pastina, forget about it.  Escarole, rub a lamp.  And real provolone or romano and parmesan, you will find that in the "specialty" shops or areas.  I've never been so high class and exclusive in all my life.  Smiley Very Happy  

@Laura14 

LOL at "it's amazing what they don't know", we certainly know what pastina, escarole and "real provolone, romano and parmesan" are and they are not in the "specialty" shops here.

Actually it's amazing to us what people from 'Jersey' don't know.

@KingstonsMom  She doesn't speak for everyone.

@proudlyfromNJ @KingstonsMom I speak for myself and about my own experiences here in North Georgia which is a more recently developed part of the state.  Everything I said is true for and about me.  Not a whole lot of real Italian foods going on here.  If you got it elsewhere, enjoy it for me, please.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't decided yet.....either a grilled chicken sandwich or I may run to Subway.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@World Traveler  Yum....  usually have a 2 per day...  one during the day and one after dinner.  SO GOOD.

@nyc1 I commend you for your restraint! ha!

I follow Andrew's sage advice.......1-2 after each meal. But I normally don't have one after breakfast. So it is a couple after lunch and a couple after dinner; and quite frankly, I sneak in one or two in between those times when my sweet tooth takes over my will power. Smiley LOL

At 26 calories each, I feel it isn't too bad of a way to live. Heart

@World Traveler   LOVE THEM.  I like the 91% the best and then the one with the Coffee Crunch as a change.   SO GOOD.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 hi laura.....today's lunchincludes veggies from the Garlic Farm in West Granby CT....fresh native tomatoes sliced thin....fresh native corn....fresh native basil.....ricotta cheese, salt and pepper..drizzled with Olio Santo a virgin cold pressed olive oil from california  sent to me by my son who lives in San Francisco.  No garlic since the tomatoes have a wonderful flavor on their own  I did purchase garlic though. Here is a link to the farm's facebook..Take a look at the photos...if you are ever in the area I recommend it...there is a wonderful winery, Lost Acres Winery, nearby.

https://www.facebook.com/GarlicFarm/photos/a.324491274307497/1304708829619065

https://www.facebook.com/GarlicFarm/

https://www.facebook.com/lostacresvineyard/

Frequent Contributor

Recent favorites:  Maruchan Instant Lunch (cup of noodles, chicken flavor) or Beanie Weenies.  I get tired of trying to decide what to eat.