Respected Contributor

Re: What is cooking at your house this December?

Nope, do not have my car back and I am not a happy camper. They are all over San BErnardino and so far they are still toodling about. Grrrrrrrrrrr! I am about to explode.

ciao-bella, do hope you will keep coming back. We do talk about food but also take the time to share with each other about life in general. Sometimes real good, sometimes not so much.

Hey, it's COLD and RAINY out here in Sou Cal. We sure need the rain but there is too much right now. Suppose to be calm this weekend and then wet weather will return in a few days - that is good. My brother live up in Running Springs - he sent pix of the snow coming down - they really need it up in the hills and that will help with the run off later on.

Got Davey from school - sure wish they would get school buses back - it is a nightmare - and will warm up some leftovers for our dinner. Then he has Saturday school tomorrow from 8 until 12. From dropping him off I zip down the freeway to Redlands for the Stonecroft Ministries breakfast and program - always good. Then back home to pick up little Tiger - aka Girl Kitty and to the Vet for her annual shots. Then she gets brought back home. I hope my timing is good as I have to pick up Davey at noon and then he says he wants me to take him to his Dad's in San Bernardino. Sigh - do think old Dad could occasionally do the taxi service. But at any rate tomorrow morning will be super busy.

Soushi, hope your day went as you planned and Spix, how much did you get done today? Qualitygal, I envy you with things accomplished!! flbettyboop, how are things with you. Preds, as always love your picture greetings.

Gotta head to the kitchen and get some food out of the fridge and then heat it up. Do have to add a veggie however as "someone" ate ALL my left over mashed taters. Hmn.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Very cold today. My car is now in an impound facility in San BErnardino - it is supposedly in good shape but they are closed for the weekend - just as well as I will not drive it until checked out. Thank goodness the kids who took it are also in custody - am so thankful they are not harmed nor anyone else but they now must face the consequences for their behavior. So very sad!!!

Fried zucchini for dinner - had it for lunch and way too much. I do believe that will be all as there is a lot of it.

Take care everyone - as usual Preds love your greeting for the day.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Guess all my busyness caught up with me yesterday. Didn't make it to church and took short naps throughout the day. Have my pep back.

Last night was grilled cheese with bacon. You see that on the menu in restaurants so I thought, why not? It was very good. Had just a little bacon to use up anyway.

Really nice weather here right now. In the 50's today and tomorrow. Can you believe that? Then in the 30's which is still not bad.

Need to do some shopping today and to buy a ham for Sunday. Seems this time is racing by and I can't keep up. We have a 50th anniversary to celebrate today for our friends. I sent out the invitation and we now have 26 people coming. Will be in a local restaurant.

Okay, all. Having my coffee and need to check in with Nelson. Enjoy this day.

Honored Contributor

Glad you got some much needed rest Soushi. I had a busy day with my daughter Saturday. She came in from Indiana for my birthday. We grilled burgers and goofed off. Spent yesterday relaxing on my buns, too. LOL Enjoy your party and your day!

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Pred. Just found this and I think I might make it for a party on Thursday. Too many parties.

Mexican Lasagna Recipe
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. chicken, cooked & shredded
  • 1 16 oz. container sour cream
  • 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
  • 1½ cups Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada sauce
  • 1 15.25 oz. can corn, drained & rinsed
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • ½ tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • ½ cup chopped cilantro
  • 12 small flour tortillas
  • 1 8 oz. pkg. shredded Mexican blend cheese
Instructions
  1. Cut tortillas in half and set aside.
  2. Mix chicken, sour cream, blac beans, enchilada sauce, corn, half of cilantro and spices into a large bowl.
  3. In a 9x13 pan, scoop ? of chicken mixture into the bottom of the pan. Spread evenly. Place one layer of cut tortillas over the chicken mixture. Top with ? of shredded cheese. Repeat with chicken mixture, tortillas and cheese. In the end, there will be 3 layers total.
  4. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until cheese is bubble or dish is cooked all the way through.
  5. Serve with additional sour cream and cilantro if desired.
Honored Contributor

Looks a lot like my enchilada recipe except I use ground beef instead of chicken. May have to give this one a try, too! Yummy!

Respected Contributor

FINALLY found some VEggie Bird Nests at TJs - needless to say I bought a bunch of them. Am so surprised as I do not think they have increased in price since the first time I ever bought any. LOVE THEM. Guess what for dinner - yep, can hardly wait. Am having a few vinegared cukes with them just to balance things out. Needless to say Davey is NOT pleased with tonight's dinner but it sure is healthy.

C O L D out here.

Did see my car and it is in better shape than I had imaged. In at Toyota, howevver for a safety check and some other repairs. The interior of the car will need big time cleaning and airing out. Will not go into detail into what exactly was in the car but it sure stinks and not good. Not sure how they will get it cleaned and aired.

Hope all had a great day