Trusted Contributor

Re: What is cooking at your house this December?

Soushi24: I would like the Christmas story read by one of the ladies about Santa loosing his red hat. Mrs. Santa is wearing it with feathers to decorate it.

TY

Boop

Valued Contributor

flbettyboop, I would be glad to share with you but I don't have the story, this belongs to the reader, she is providing it.

But she will use it tonight and I'll ask her where she found it. Then I'll get back with you.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Fixed a roast that was delicious - similar to another one I had prepared but a tad different. A friend who goes to Curves periodically comes in with a simple recipe to try - I usually try it and am always pleased. Have no clue where she gets them but they are always a success.

This one is: a 2 to 3 pound beef roast (I used one a bit bigger), put the following on top of the roast, pkg of au jus, pkg dried ranch dressing, one banana pepper and 4 to 6 pepperonchini (sp) peppers out of jar and one stick of butter. Put in slow cooker/crock pot on low and cook 6 or 7 hours. Absolutely delicious. Do NOT put any water in with it.

We are suppose to have rain continuously from late afternoon through SAturday noon. If true we will probably wash away. Of course the water companies are saying it will make NO difference in the drought we have been living through. Of course not, they are NOT going to lower the additional fees and high rates they have put on everyone. Grrr!

Hope all have a great day - stay warm!

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Well, two things checked off my party list. Nothing to do today. I'm listening to Christmas music, baking brownies for the homeless shelter, and have a beef roast thawing. Sounds like a good day to me.

Flbetty, the reader last night had a Red Hat book that had many short stories. This one was several pages long. It was cute and she had her hat all decorated up like the story at the end. Sorry this isn't much help. Don't know if you could try Google?

Okay, ladies, boys and girls, and children of all ages, I'm taking it easy today.

Best to all, enjoy your day.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Soushi24 said:

Morning,

Well, two things checked off my party list. Nothing to do today. I'm listening to Christmas music, baking brownies for the homeless shelter, and have a beef roast thawing. Sounds like a good day to me.

Flbetty, the reader last night had a Red Hat book that had many short stories. This one was several pages long. It was cute and she had her hat all decorated up like the story at the end. Sorry this isn't much help. Don't know if you could try Google?

Okay, ladies, boys and girls, and children of all ages, I'm taking it easy today.

Thanks. I tried to google it but had no luck.

Boop

Respected Contributor

What a nice thread this is!!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

On 12/12/2014 flbettyboop said:
On 12/11/2014 Soushi24 said:

Morning,

Thanks. I tried to google it but had no luck.

Boop

I found it! http://www.mrsclaussays.com/#!santas-hat/c1vrj

Respected Contributor

Morning, still out in the burbs, will be going home later today, then back here on Sunday, don't know what will get done, I'll have to be in High Gear next week, am so behind for the Holidays, well Preds pix will help me thru.

Sushi glad you have a peaceful day, enjoy & hope you're feeling good after the epidural

Winifred, also hope things are getting better with you, did you get your car back yet?

Ciao_bella, yes it is nice here, please join us with whatever, recipes or how your day is going, or anything on your agenda, we love hearing from all

qualitygal, lucky you everything done, Santa Baby will be very good to you, I'm sure

OK I'm getting started, making my to do list, will see how much I can cross out

Take Care