Respected Contributor

Re: What is cooking at your house this December?

Soushi, that is my adorable GREAT GREAT Ricky. He is soooooooooo smart and soooooooooooo sweet. Told some other grands and greats he was the cream of the crop. Those that know him totally agree.

Respected Contributor

Good FREEZING morning everyone. My hands are so cold I can hardly move them. I turn my heat off at night so getting the house livable in the a.m. takes a bit on a cold morning. In a couple days the experts say we will go down to 29 degrees. This is Sou Cal? Well it does happen but this is going to be an unusual cold winter I gather. Last winter it was warm and my heating bills were super low - not going to be like that now.

At any rate, DAvey's Dad brought him back early yesterday - I thought perhaps he was staying another night or two but no. We had warmed over Christmas dinner - very very good. His Mom returned much later when Davey and I both were in bed. My whole point here is another day of no cooking!! Today will be a bit different although I do have a little bit of mashed taters and ham left, not much however - may put on some beans but probably not as we will have Black eyed Peas on New Year's Day - can hardly wait. Will come up with something easy to fix yet taste good!!

Filled the feeders late yesterday and all of a sudden they were overrun with feathered critters - don't know where they were hiding but obviously they were hungry. My bird bath was frozen - I never check for that although it does happen on a rare occasion - so cleaned that and put in fresh water also. Am sure it is already another block of ice - sometimes you cannot win. Have heard of heaters for bird baths but really would not be worth it but feel sorry for my feathered friends. And of course it has been way too cold for the extra kitties who moved in with me, to put them outside in their Condo - they would not be able to handle it and I would love to get them out of the house for some time. Even old macho STripes, after his teasing every night, wants in. LOL.

Hope all have a great day and Soushi, hope you are enjoying Florida. Has DH already been out on the golf course? Church for me in a while and then later ALL OF US will have some chores to do. I know it's Sunday but some things are a must. Huge big leaf weeds growing in bunches due to all the rain we have had need pulling, some more of the "limbs" on the fruitless mulberry need clipping - we must finish that big tree in a couple weeks - say a prayer it can be done AND the carpet in the bathroom needs cleaning really bad. The maverick kitties have not been really nice so am now fighting that battle. All of a sudden they are misbehaving - am wondering if it is because they are not getting out but way too cold.

Again, hope your day is a good one.

Respected Contributor

For dinner tonight? Well you all know by now I often fix things a bit out of the norm. BUT, I have in the WOK some beef and pork meat balls, white corn, carrots, peas and potatoes. Is smelling really yummy!!!!!! Bet it tastes as good. All critters are inside but I know Stripes will want out before morning so am torn on what to do. He does NOT like to use litter boxes - hmn!!! He has remained an outside cat in many ways - most ways that is good, a couple not so good.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Another day of running around - boy howdy I am soooooooooo tired of that. But at any rate I said "I am NOT cooking anything for dinner. YOu want to eat go and fix it." Davey and his Mom had their noses out of joint but that was the way it was. His Mom fixed a frozen dinner AND Davey will nuke a small pizza. Me? Just not hungry as for some reason, just not ready to eat but that may change. May fix a box of TJs Bird Nests however - one never knows.

The two BIG bird feeders outside were empty so filled them to help the feathered ones along their way during the next couple days - we are on a winter storm alert.

I turn my heat off at night - have ALWAYS done that and it started as a itty bitty one - my parents NEVER had heat during the night - don't care where we lived. LOL. But the older I get the more difficult it is but that is the way it is as I figure if my parents could do that so can I. Davey was getting really cold so went to Ross and got him a great sweat shirt and sweat pants - of course they do not match as they had nothing there - so hopefully that will help him tonight.

Soushi, I know you are in Florida having a ball but don't forget to stop by.

Respected Contributor

Soushi, I am beginning to think you are for sure on the golf course with your DH. LOL.

Had fried yellow squash with onions and cornbread for dinner - soooooooo very good. As most of you know I really love fried veggies. And of course a meal like this reminds me of growing up and my Mother's cooking.

Rain and heavy winds are really strong and for sure it is C O L D!!!! Should dip down into the low 20s tonight and snow for tomorrow. Heard on a news channel earlier today and tomorrow are suppose to be the coldest and worst weather - winter wise - since 1952. Froze for sure night before last and it was not quite as bad last night but you could feel the temps really dropping starting at about noon today.

Hope all had a great day - now come on, where on earth has everyone gone. I need some company here.

Valued Contributor

Okay, I'm here. Having computer problems. This is from my IPad. Rather work on laptop. Took it in today. Needed a new hard drive. Picked it up this after noon but still doesn't work. So back again to repair shop. Rained here this morning but that's okay. They need it. No cooking here today.
Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

They called this morning that laptop was ready. We went to pick it up and they were closed at noon. Won't open up till Sat. Don't you think they could have mentioned that when they called? Or called me a half hour before closing? Not happy. We have reservations tonight for dinner. Will be home early.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Soushi ... sorry about your 'puter. Call and let you know? Ain't gonna' happen! Enjoy your evening and wishing you, Winifred, spix and everyone else that drops in a wonderful, HAPPY NEW YEAR! May your troubles be few and your blessings be many! Smile

Now ... Let's Get This Party Started! LOL