Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What is cooking at your house this December?

Today, the 23rd (ohh ohh it's getting here!!) I'm putting together the fruit salad for tomorrow night, maybe tomorrow morning, and doing cupcakes (hub's request) for our family get-together the 24th.

As of yesterday, I'm ready to have this week be over. I'll enjoy it, but I'm ready to get on for the new year.

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way qualitygal!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Yesterday was another super busy day - running here and there. Absolutely exhausting. Never in my life have I been out doing so much at this time of year. Prior to now I have NEVER been outside on the freeways OR in a store. Shame on me. Sure hope n ext year will be better. LOL.

Temps dropping - yesterday was actually warm - very nice. I had a thermal shirt on and I got way too warm - it was over 70. Today suppose to be about 68 and then tomorrow closer to 60 and those temps will be around for a few days. We are actually several degrees below our normal for this time of year.

Have to start doing some cooking - think I will do the ham today and that will be done. Perhaps also the veggies and then tomorrow just heat them up - time will tell.

Hope all have a marvelous Christmas Eve.

Respected Contributor

Well I've reached the point of what isn't done, won't get done, love it! Before the house fills up I wanted to stop by to say Merry Christmas to All & for the kind words, pix, recipes, etc from all of you that come here, as some have said, "it's a nice place".

Not been feeling topnotch, waiting for test results, etc, will be back when I can, in the mean time Take Care All & a Happy, Healthy 2015!

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I actually did ALL the cooking yesterday and we decided to not put it in the fridge and then heat to eat it today - we ate last night. LOL. Worked like a charm and I have a fridge FULL of great leftovers. No one but me here at the house since 9:30 this morning - we all left and went to San Bernardino but Davey and his Mom are still there. Davey is suppose to come back - via his father - hopefully his Mom will also return, so all afternoon it has been quiet. Must admit, the four legged critters are here also. Now if only that ornary Stripes will show up. Could not locate him last night but he was out by the door a little after 4 this morning trying to tear it down to get inside. Well, not literally, but close. It is bitter cold outside and very very windy - the winds from the North. Do NOT like heavy winds as I always worry about fires.

Hauled out my two yard waste containers and by then was completely frozen so my recycling container and garbage container are waiting for someone else to come home and help out. So very cold and fighting the winds I was having a lot of trouble breathing. So came inside and sat down. Would love to go to sleep - I know it's early - but am tired. As I often say, this getting old is for the birds!!!!

It was a good Christmas - of course some things off track which hurt the heart, but overall it could be so much worse - try to remember - as my Mother always said - to not forget others sometimes have it much worse. So very true.

Again, hope all had a super great day!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Afternoon all, we are settled in Florida. Had cleaning lady, two plumbers, realtor here all at the same time. Hooking up Internet, fixing stools and sinks, cleaning frig. Now, at last, we can have a little nap. But wanted to check in with all of you. More later.
Respected Contributor

Soushi, glad to hear you got to Florida safely - how was the side trip to Ohio before leaving for the deep South. My sis and BIL aren't leaving until the last day of the month - not sure exactly where they will be once they get to Florida. Get some rest and then get moving - hoping the weather is very nice for you. Also not sure when Betty and Merle will get there.

We are freezing here in Sou Cal. Super windy through tomorrow at noon - but very sunny. Gas company is projecting my heating bill will more than double a year ago - that much difference in the temps. Way too cold to suit me and the winds are just terrible.

Took Davey and his half sister who is 7, to Palm Springs - mercy me but there are a zillion changes there. Have not been there in several years - worked there for 40 years and it was a real shock to me. We had a good time - ate a super good lunch at Billy Reed's, a great eating place - came back and went to the San Bernardino County Museum in Redlands and then to Game Stop for DAvey to buy something or the other for his XBox - dropped them off at their Dad's and I headed home. It usually is a 20 to 30 minute trip from there back home but it took over an hour this evening - nothing but a nightmare. Yikes. Everyone and their cousin was in a car and on the streets - especially the Freeways.

Me and the critters are here - I did NOT fix any dinner for just me but did for the four legged ones - except Stripes who is still outside. Grrr!

STay warm and Soushi - enjoy your Florida stay.

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Winifred, we had a very good visit in Ohio. We were able to visit old friends, see all the kids and grads, and enjoyed an overnight with SIL. All went well.

Weather here is in 70's. Very nice. Just enjoy the sunshine. We left Indiana in grey and gloom, for days. So this is such a nice change.

You have been much busier than usual. Saw your picture holding a baby on Facebook. Was it a great grand?

Must get breakfast going. We had pizza place last night. A favorite, with a buffet that includes soup and salad too. All for $7.99. Good deal.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and looking forward to new year.