Honored Contributor

Re: What is cooking at your house this December?

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Afternoon,

I'm doing laundry and getting packages ready. Need to run to town for some groceries and the post office. Listening to Christmas music which has such a calming effect on me.

No idea what we will have for dinner tonight. I have fresh beets that I need to fix. Also, one lonely turnip, may just slice and fry him. Made chicken noodle soup yesterday and have some of that left too. Trying to use up what I have.

I'm down to writing lists to myself. It seems to help, except when I get ready to write, I forget what I wanted. I do a fine job when trying to go to sleep of making lists. Maybe I should keep pen and paper by the bed.

Very gloomy here today. Had some rain this morning and the paper was wet. Not sure why they didn't put it in a wrapper.

Okay, all. Time to get busy again. Wishing you all a good day and even better tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Still gloomy here, temperature in the mid to high 30's which is okay. But some sunshine would sure help. This is exactly what I don't like about this time of year.

Time seems to be flying by at a rapid rate. I've my list of things to do but keep adding more instead of crossing off anything. It will get done!

Bought a nice looking bone in ham last night at Aldi's. Also, found several Christmas presents there, of all places! A car seat heater, nice microfiber p j bottoms, a leather belt, an air plant in a glass globe, and a Contigo travel coffee container that many have raved about on here.

Have my I-Robot running and the dish washer chugging away. Feel sorry for those pioneer women.

Best to all, and have the best day possible.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Okay, just saw this on Facebook. Have a friend that loves lemon. This is calling her name.

Warm Lemon Pudding Cake

1 pkg yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker, get the kind that makes a 9x13 size)

Ingredients called for on back of cake box

2 pkg (3.4oz each) instant lemon pudding

1/3 c. sugar

2 c. cold milk

1 1/4 c. water

2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (for dusting)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake as directed on package. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Beat dry pudding mixes, granulated sugar, milk and water with whisk 2 min.; pour over batter in dish. Don't spread it. You'll fail. Place baking dish on baking sheet. (Baking sheet will catch any sauce that might bubble over sides of dish as dessert bakes.) Bake 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 min. (Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.

Tips:

For stronger lemon flavor, add the zest and juice from 1 lemon to pudding mixture before pouring over batter in baking dish.
Try serving this topped with fresh raspberries or blueberries.
If you don't fancy lemon, you may substitute vanilla flavor instant pudding.
Respected Contributor

Soushi, you always come up with good things to try. Your latest contribution looks pretty darn good to me.

It is FREEZING here and we are still on a "Winter Storm Alert until - I think - 6 p.m. our time. Been a super wet day with much traveling back and forth all over the freeways. Do NOT like to do that in yukky weather.

Still have not bought one single thing for Christmas - it will be a very lean year in our household but we can always count on having food ont he table. There will be something for the kids but not their normal Christmas which has often been XBos, Wii, cell [phones, tablets and you name it. Nothing like that this year. You know something, I bet everyone will still survive - depending on our personlal definition of that word. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Davey is now on minimum days through the end of the week - 2nd quarter testing. Then he is off two weeks for Christmas. I suspect, but do not know for sure, he may want to spend a lot of that time with his Dad and his two small sisters. We shall see - he should!!

Speaking of Dads, the Dad of his sister, Victoria, is in the hospital - they think he had a stroke. He is only 39 years old - scares you doesn't it? Tessa and Davey's Mom had way too many children and unfortunately there are several fathers but all stay in touch with each other without negativity - well very much that is - and I find that very good and healthy. Their Mom, went up to the hospital and I think that is good as he has another lady in his life yet they ALL get along. Please say a prayer for him - my thanks.

I am NOT hungry at all - and that is not good. Am beginning to have trouble eating like I should - but not to panic, I am not completely stupid - I DO eat. Just have to occasionally force myself. Do LOVE those Ritz Crackers that have garlic, veggie, roasted, etc - they are soooooooo good. I am not a snacker and never have been but I sure love those crackers. LOL.

Hope all had a super good day!

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

Thankful 'Thirteen's photo.Hi! I found one Preds! Morning all,

Was a busy, busy day yesterday. Started with oil change, then replacing one tire and rotating others. Shopping at Wal-Mart, to the bank, Kroger's, then home. Made the Éclair Cake and White Cheese Mexican Dip. Party at 5:30!

Today Nelson has appointment at VA in Fort Wayne. We will stop briefly at the Mall for him to buy me my usual perfume. Started when we were dating and he continues with it every year. I wear White Diamonds. Always, always get compliments, people stop me in restaurants, on the street, clerks. Doesn't smell the same on everyone. SIL bought it and doesn't smell the same on her. Funny thing is...after I spray it on, I don't smell it at all and forget I have it on.

Trying to pack for Florida and finish up with Christmas. Will have Christmas here with DD and friend tomorrow. Then serve coffee that night at church. Christmas in Ohio on Sunday.

Take care all, keep safe and warm. Enjoy Christmas lights, take time remember.

Valued Contributor

Hi! This thread is just lovely! Thank you all! Soushi, you have a way with words and a joyful heart. Since I love to cook, I am looking forward to trying your recipes. Preds, thank you for sharing your smile with me; because of you, I started my day in a very good place. I'm smiling right back and wishing everyone a Good Morning!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness Soushi, is it time for the Florida trip already. My sis and bil will be heading out the last day of the month for their annual 3 month stay. HE really enjoys is but I think my Sis tolerates it. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Having a potluck at Curves today - not sure how many will be there - haven't had one there in a couple years and they use to be a lot of fun. Am taking Ambrosia - nope, I did not make it - got it at Von's. Their Deli is just superb and I could not top anything they make anyway - very good.

Last night I tossed a bunch of veggies in the WOK and THEN fixed some Jalepena Poppers - what a combo but everything was gone except a few veggies. Love the way you can just toss anything in the WOK and it always tastes good when it is ready to eat - same with the slow cooker. Tonight? Do not have a club but will come up with something. Night before last we had some ground meat patties cooked with onions and barbecue sauce. Had okra and corn with it - none left from that either.

Hope all have a great day!