Valued Contributor

Re: What is cooking at your house this December?

Afternoon,

I had my second epidural today and it went very well. No pain with the shot. Hope that means this will finally take care of it. We had a late breakfast and now snacking on the chili.

I did make the pecan cobbler and will give some to people that I'm going to deliver a meal. Giving them corn bread and chili too.

Saving 4 pieces of cobbler for my MahJong group that will be here on Wednesday. We are going have lunch out this time then come back here to play our games.

Tomorrow is a hair cut and Art Club Christmas party. My calendar is looking very, very full right now. I'm trying to do the "one day at a time thing" but when I can't sleep at night, then the worries roll in. What to make, what to buy for gifts, what to pack. Just need to relax, easy to say, hard to do.

Okay, all, keep warm and dry, enjoy this day.

Forgot to add. I just ache for you, Winifred. You have tried so hard with Tessa. This is such sad news. Prayers said for all of you.

Valued Contributor

This is the pecan bread pudding....so good!

Pecan Bread pudding recipe

2 cups granulated sugar
5 large beaten eggs
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups cubed Italian bread, allow to stale overnight in a bowl
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish. Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes. In another bowl, mix and crumble together brown sugar, butter, and pecans. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Oh, Preds, I like the quote today. It is so true. And it is a hard thing for me to do. I want to worry about the past, rehash it. Doesn't do any good, can't change a thing. Thanks for the post.

Dinner last night was the chili I had made. Had apples for dessert. Delivered the meal to the church family. Now that was a trial. It was very dark out and raining. Few people had numbers on the house and the GPS failed us. So I started walking and knocked on a door for advice. People don't know their neighbors anymore. But I did find the house and she was very appreciative.

Having the house cleaned today. Then haircut and Art Club tonight. Tomorrow have MahJong here after we have lunch, then Red Hat's Christmas party. Should be a good time as we have a dance studio coming to entertain with young dancers. Will have a cute Christmas story read by one of the ladies about Santa loosing his red hat. Mrs. Santa is wearing it with feathers to decorate it. Reader is going to wear a Santa hat with feathers. Also have a gift exchange.

Rained last night and looks gloomy out but it isn't snow. Grass is still so green. Doesn't look like winter out, but it will, it will.

Best to all this morning, go out and enjoy this day to the fullest. You want have it again.

Honored Contributor

Soushi ... never want to change the past...it's part of what made your future. You take it and make it. Enjoy your life and your day.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Got boneless chicken breasts in the slow cooker with broccoli and I used a can of chicken with rice soup also. Rarely ever use a chicken soup - more than likely it is mushroom and or celery. No imagination today. Will have baked taters and also have some jello left over - that will work.

Beautiful today - actually a tad warm but that's just fine with me. By 5:30 it will be freezing again. LOL.

Hope all have or had a super good day!!

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

Good Morning,

I'm up early for me, but not for Preds. She is the early bird around here! What time do you go to bed?

I have a busy day ahead. Lunch out, MahJong here, Red Hats Christmas Party. Need to wrap a gift to take to the party too.

I did pick up several things to help me out with the food. Have you tried the veggie chips? Had some yesterday as a side with a sandwich. Loved them. Found them in the organic section at Kroger's.

Stopped at Amish grocery out in the country for homemade cookies, a black raspberry pie, frozen pie crusts, cheese. Great prices too.

Must get cracking! Having my coffee and getting busy.

Best to all, please, please join us.

Honored Contributor

Today, I'm making the hubs, cupcakes (Ninja recipe) with pudding in them, and doing that crockpot meal of sausages and peppers and onion! Woo hoo, kitchen time. Sounds like I'm softening up "Santa Baby" for something. LOL{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Have a great day all!

Packages done, wrapped, cards signed and sent! Woo Hoo.

Respected Contributor

Qualitygal, that crockpot meal sounds really good - love combos such as that. I MUST try it.

A lot of you are up and at 'em early - good to have company. I slept in actually this morning - usually am up and moving about 4 a.m., was 5:30 this morning. That is sooooooooo unusual for me but loved it and actually did not want to get up then but must. Already thinking of things I need to get started on. An hour from now will be in the car taking Davey to school - they go so early out here. Was thinking the other day when my Dad use to go through the house in the morning saying "Squarter to eight, get up and get a move on." At that time it was my older brother, myself and my younger sister going to school. Baby brother was just that, still a baby. When he was in school my brother and I were out and my sister not far behind us.Too early to think about dinner - perhaps some of those Veggie Bird Nests I finally got from TJ's - love those things. Davey likes them with the soy sauce that comes with them - Me? I eat them as is.

Have a great day everyone.