Honored Contributor

Re: What is best way to cook bacon without getting grease all over

@RespectLife wrote:

@Kachina624   and others that like that microwave tray....

do you cook both raw and precooked bacon with it?  I prefer raw....just put it in my WL.

TIA!

I use my raised bar grill pan on my stove.  I always cook bacon slow and lower.  Yes, grease does splatter, but luckily, my KA cooktop is a breeze to wipe clean.

@RespectLife    I've only ever cooked raw.  Never bought pre-cooked in my life.  It's so simple and mess free that there's no need to pay extra for a pre-cooked product. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Kachina624 

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

do you cook both raw and precooked bacon with it?  I prefer raw....just put it in my WL.

TIA!

I use my raised bar grill pan on my stove.  I always cook bacon slow and lower.  Yes, grease does splatter, but luckily, my KA cooktop is a breeze to wipe clean.

been trying to figure out what a WL is....guess my brain isn't functioning!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

TIA!

Only raw bacon not the precooked. Mostly use the bacon from Costco. I've had this tray for over 25 years and put it in the dishwasher.

Super Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

TIA!

been trying to figure out what a WL is....guess my brain isn't functioning!

Maybe WL is waiting list??

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee  Did you wash your air fryer after each use? 

I cook all kinds of meat that have grease but have never had a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I fry bacon in a pan on the stovetop over medium heat. I do not have grease all over the stoptop - just a little that's easy to wipe up. I could be wrong, but it seems like the higher the temperature, the more the grease will spatter. My favorite pan for frying it is my Curtis Stone large rectangular pan. I fry smaller batches of 5 or 6 slices and dump the grease after each batch so that it doesn't build up in the pan. If it seems the pan is getting too hot, I lower the temp to medium-low.

Respected Contributor

I use an electric skillet that I place on my countertop. Any splatters are easily wiped away "with a little soap and water." I only like raw bacon with a marbeling that I carefully choose. Don't like the thick lean meat kind. You do not want to be behind me at the bacon display. It takes a while.

Esteemed Contributor

@geegerbee - You've received a lot of great suggestions here. I thought I'd add that if you ever go back to an air fryer, when you cook bacon or anything else greasy (such as burgers, sausages, and such), you should add enough water to just cover the bottom of the basket under the insert; this will absorb most of the grease for easy cleanup and also helps to cut down on odors, smoke, and issues with the nonstick coating.

Trusted Contributor

I cook bacon in a nonstick fry pan on the stove on low heat.  Takes longer to cook on low but there are no grease splatters to clean up.  Easy cleanup with a nonstick pan.  I can't imagine having to deal with a baking sheet and wire rack plus grease splatters all over the oven.  No thank you.