Respected Contributor

Re: What is best way to cook bacon without getting grease all over

Sorry, but I am a bacon grease lover who stores the excess in a container I store in my frig.  Nothing like grilled cheese sandwiches, home fries, eggs, etc.  fried in bacon grease!  

Honored Contributor

Even though there'sonly the two of us here, I always make a whole package of bacon at a time sim8 have some on hand.  I bake it in the oven, on a rack, in a jelly roll/ sheet pan.  400*  20-25 minutes.  

Honored Contributor

I bake it in 375 oven.  I put foil over a small sheet pan and put a small rack on top of the foil.  I cook the bacon (I like it almost incinerated) put the foil in the trash when it gets a little solid and the rack into the dishwasher.  I use thick bacon and after 20 minutes I start watching it.    

Super Contributor

In the oven.  Put foil on big sheet, with a lip.  Peel bacon apart, and lay on sheet.  Put in a cold oven.  Turn oven on 400 degrees.  Leave in all through preheat, and an extra 5 or 10 min.  Depends on bacon thickness, your own oven....After you figure out your timiing, easy peasy.  Bacon doesn't curl up as much either.  Then you just toss the foil, after grease congeals.

Respected Contributor

What is a 'WL'???

Contributor

Frying bacon with redued splatters.  Have used this method for years after my George Foreman grill stopped working.  Place bacon in a pan, prefer 10" square, with high sides (my is 4 inches) but will work with shorter sides and cover with 2 layers of paper towels.  Make sure the paper towels are tucked inside the pan, touching/covering the bacon.  Set burner on medium to med/low heat.  Check under paper towels occasionally, I flip over the bacon when a light brown outline starts to show through the paper towels.  Turn over once to reduce curled bacon or use a press.  For added protection from splatters use a spatter screen, but may not necessary.  This works, moisture is absorb by the paper towels and excess fat too.   Paper towels have never caught on fire, make sure to place paper towels inside the pan, no overhang outside of the pan.  Added bonus, placed cooked bacon on top of paper towels for drainage right in the same pan.  Please do not leave fying unattended.

Super Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

What is a 'WL'???

Probably Wait List???