Respected Contributor

Re: What is a food you tried once and would never eat again?

Scrapple.  We lived in a suburb of Philadelphia for awhile when I was in grade school and it was served in the school cafeteria.  Ew.

Honored Contributor

There are many foods I refuse to try because the thought, look, or smell of them turn me off immediately.  When DH and I were dating he invited me for dinner at his house.  His mom made lamb, something I'd never eaten before and never will again.  It was baaaaad.  🤭

Regular Contributor

anything with curry

Super Contributor

Well at least you've tried the foods you wouldn't care to have again. Some just wouldn't try various foods. And I'm talking about food that many people like not odd items like snake.  I enjoy well-fried okra and I love steamed mussels especially when they're steamed with garlic and white wine. 

Super Contributor

So is that true of these foods"

Frogs legs

Tofu

Blue Cheese

Mango

Coconut

Cottage Cheese

You've not had any of these foods and would never try them? I've had all these foods and like them though I think tofu is pretty boring. I love deep fried frog legs. Why would you not ever be willing to try these foods? 

Super Contributor

Things I've tried and hope to never eat again:

chitlins
boiled okra
lima beans
sushi (especially that nasty seaweed wrapper)
coconut flakes
beets
raw oysters
red velvet cake

That being said, I like fried okra. Almost anything tastes better fried. And I will consume coconut water or oil, but not those nasty chewy flakes, so that leaves out things like German chocolate cake. No red velvet anything for me, as I try to avoid artificial colorings. Generally I am an adventurous eater, and enjoy most of the items the rest of you had on your lists.
Frequent Contributor

This is a fast food item:  Italian Mozzarella Cheeseburger.  Thought I had to try it.  Once was enough.  It just reminded me that I would much prefer spaghetti and meatballs with a slice of garlic bread. 

Respected Contributor

I never thought of myself as a picky eater, but i find some things beyond disgusting.

bleu cheese

snails

oysters

olives

crawfish

mushrooms