Contributor

Re: What is PEPPER SAUCE to you.......

On 1/2/2015 brewhaha said:

Made with peppercorns.

Yes, that is exactly what came to mind. Peppercorn Steak Yummy!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

forrest

were you the one who originally left a recipe for red beans (and rice) a while back? A poster pasted it in a thread I started for a recipe search. I made it a week ago, and it is the best ever. Fantastic! It was this one http://community.qvc.com/forums/kitchen-and-food-talk/topic/481891/please-recipe-for-red-beans.aspx

Super Contributor

I can honestly say that the term 'pepper sauce' is not in my cooking vocabulary, although I am familiar with pepper infused vinegar. I didn't grow up with my mom fixing collard greens, although I like them and that sounds like it would be tasty together. Like another poster, my first thought was a peppercorn sauce. To me the term 'hot sauce' is the spicy, bottled condiment like Tabasco. I love anything spicy so I use hot sauce a lot. I will have to look for the pepper sauce or try making my own. Learn something new around here everyday.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/2/2015 shoekitty said:

forrest

were you the one who originally left a recipe for red beans (and rice) a while back? A poster pasted it in a thread I started for a recipe search. I made it a week ago, and it is the best ever. Fantastic! It was this one http://community.qvc.com/forums/kitchen-and-food-talk/topic/481891/please-recipe-for-red-beans.aspx

I am glad you enjoyed the recipe.....I have made many a pot.........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

On 1/2/2015 pupwhipped said:

I think the exact same thing as you, Forrestwolf. In fact, my elderly father used to make his own pepper sauce from peppers he grew in his garden. He eventually got really creative with his bottles. He died back in 2006, but I still have one bottle he made.....the pepper sauce is in a Crown Royal whisky bottle. HA!

I miss my daddy.

WOW.........I bet that was a prize within a prize......DOUBLY GOOD TREAT..........{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I have multiple small bottles that I have made and a few weeks ago, I got the end of the peppers for the season and made these:

Photo

I had a friend doing some work for me, and said he was going by and get some fresh greens and made the statement that he wished he had some good pepper sauce to go on them, and so I gave him one of my little bottles that I made in 2013, and he said that just made them.............Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

My favorites are Sriracha, and I also like Chinese Chili Hot Pepper Sauce.