Honored Contributor

What has happened to the innovative styling in Cooks Essentials?

I used a piece of Cooks Essentials this morning that I have had for probably close to a decade. It is the most awesome piece, and CE isn't offering anything like it, or some other pieces I bought in the past.

This "piece" consists of a 10" round nonstick deep skillet with two helper handles. It comes with a roasting rack, a large (I'd say easy 4 quart) steamer insert, a 6 egg poacher (nonstick again) and a glass lid. This piece can fry like a skillet, roast a small roast etc., steam a huge amount, poach eggs, and the skillet part is just deep enough to boil a pound of pasta if needed. It all stacks together for very little storage space.

CE used to offer lots of multi purpose things like this, but I don't see it anymore. I like things that have several different uses, as it saves space. I wish I had purchased more of their innovative things before they were gone, because that same ingenuity just isn't there.

I also have a huge CE nonstick electric stock pot, and electric skillet, much nicer than I see available now. I also got a two pot set once, that were great on the stove top, but with the metal small helper handles only, went to the oven as well.

Anyone else have some of their better items from the past?

Honored Contributor

Re: What has happened to the innovative styling in Cooks Essentials?

I've used my old CE enough to wear some of it out. It was still useable, but banged up. Have you ever seen restaurant ware? Nothing lasts forever, even though they would like to convince you of that. I just wish they would repeat some of the old sets and items that got us buying this line in the first place.

Honored Contributor

I have a deep red cookware set that I wish I had treated better. The exterior and covers have held up well, but I've scratched the interior of my favorite pieces.

Occasional Contributor

I have a two piece pan that I use to make taco meat or spaghetti sauce (just two of us). The lid can be used as either a lid or inverted and used as a fry pan. I love that thing. I am glad I got two of them.

Super Contributor

beckysuea,

I have the set of two that you describe. It is so functional that I leave it on the top of my range all the time. I use the inverted top as a fry pan and I especially like the way I can use it to warm up leftovers like Chinese food and homemade hot dishes. The pot is the right size for making pasta for salads, etc. I wish I had bought two, also. sue-p

Super Contributor

I have that one too, and also a similarly large (12") that even has a stoneware insert and a raised domed lid so can be used for so MANY things- Some things have scratched alittle on the inside over the years, but that doesn't affect their non stick much, if at all- All of mine are stainless on the outside and so look really good still..

They are a timeless design..

Contributor

I have a few of the original CE hard anodized pcs. And the JUNK they are peddling now is 1/2 the weight and that new coating doesn't hold up for beans. No more CE for me!!