Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to the Technique cookware?

@WildDunes wrote:

I have many pieces of the Technique Hard Annodized, most of which I purchased 2004-2006. Most still look good, still going strong. Did pick up a couple of deep skillets they had on recently. Wish they would have more HA; think I would replace a few pieces.

My technique hard anodized, especially the larger frying pans,  wore out, looked awful and food stuck..  I tossed it out.  I'm still have and use all the SS lids  that came with it.  I just love the lids.

I cook a lot and I am hard on cookware.  I have Revere ware.which is over 40 years old and is used almost every day that still looks great and cooks great too.  

Too bad they no longer make revere ware cookware.

Respected Contributor

I loved the old Technique stainless cookware. I like it all stainless with a sandwich of copper. I am not a fan of hard anodized or non-stick versions of pots or pans in any line, and I will not purchase them. 

Super Contributor

@Carmie   Funny you should mention Revereware. I have one piece left of several that I got when I married 50 years ago. It's in great condition!

Respected Contributor

Anyone remember the guy on HSN [Art Krol maybe?) that hawked cookware like nobody's business? What was the name of that cookware? We had a lake house and the old owners left that cookware behind. I tossed it as the coating seemed sketchy 

They also had a blond lady that sold a hand mixer and she'd be throwing m&m's and nuts into the dough. HSN was a different breed back then 

Honored Contributor

@WildDunes   I have a few saucepans that belonged to my mother.  They have the copper bottoms.  I remember her using them when I was a child.  They"re very old and still look and work great.

Those pans are the best.  I got some for myself when I got married in 1973.  I have several pots that are resturant sized.  My children used to fit in them when they were little.

A handle fell off one of them and the pan was replaced...no questions asked. I was devistated when they went out of business.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scatcat 

I think it was Ultrex. I still have a Ultrex Dutch oven. It's old but I love it. 

I have several pieces of Cook's Essentials, wish they'd bring back Technique's. 

Super Contributor

I have one of the original sets of Ultrex cookware and it's still going strong.  At some point they changed it and customers were not happy with its performance, and then the line quickly went downhill and disappeared.  The original Ultrex that I have is the best.  Not a mark on it after all these years and the non-stick is in perfect condition.   I will not make bacon and eggs in anything but the 12" Ultrex frying pan.

Occasional Contributor

Can anyone recommend a non-stick fry pan, that is not made in China?