Honored Contributor

Re: What easy things do you make for outside grilling & side dishes?

@panda1234

@panda1234 wrote:

This is my EASY go to. London Broil, bottle of whatever is on sale Italian dressing and a large zip lock bag for marinating. Baked potato started in the microwave. After about one minute take out and drizzle with olive oil, add salt and wrap in foil....finish on the grill, 15 mins. on each side. The skins get chard and are delicious. 

This sounds lovely!  I will definitely recommend this one to hubs!!!  Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@pggoody

@pggoody wrote:

I love to make pizza on the grill.  Buy yourself a pizza grill pan. Got mine at Home Goods or Ross, but I have seen at BB and Beyond.  Sure you can find one at Target. 

I buy already made pizza dough at Trader Joes.  I prefer thin crust so I roll on the thin side. Have fun and create  just like you would if baking in an oven.  If layering with ground turkey or beef, cook first.   I made one this weekend with just fresh tomatoes, ground turkey, fresh basil and Parmesan. Yummy!!  I turn grill on low so as not to burn the crust.  

Pizza sounds good!  I don't know how good that would turn out on a charcoal grill??  Would that work?  Thanks!  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

@qualitygal wrote:

My son teases his dad that he knows what that "meal" will be. Steak, baked potatoes, mushrooms in butter, corn on the cob. All wrapped in foil (not the steak), for easy cleanup. Hubs and I will have grilled chicken tonight. I'll do a side salad and he can do mushrooms and baked potato. He'll do mushrooms with anything.

Thanks!  We love corn on the cob but have never tried it on the grill.  I agree about mushrooms -- they are always good!!!  

Honored Contributor

@PamelaSue72

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

Besides the standard burgers and dogs....

Tequila Lime Grilled Shrimp

Ham slices 

Ceasar salad 

Any kind of chicken 

Salmon on the grill is decadent

Grilled Pizza 

Stuffed mushrooms

Potato planks (grilled fries)

Whole onions stuffed with baked beans

Polenta

Grilled asparagus or broccoli or cauliflower (with Parm)

Don't get me started; we use the grill year 'round

Thank you!  You are giving me some really good ideas!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

@ECBG wrote:

Ask your butcher to slice steaks 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick the meat from a turkey breast (here, they have quarters not frozen.  

Put them in a bag with soy sauce, a little worcheshire, and some garlic.

Take them out and grill just like you would chicken.  We enjoy yellow crook neck squash and zucchini sauteed in a little olive oil over noodles with pesto and fresh parmesian cheese.

Thank you!  Sounds very tasty!!!  

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

We grill salmon a lot with some type of glaze on it

Shish kabob is easy, just put some marinated chunks of steak, sliced green and red peppers, onions, zucchini and mushrooms on skewers; they cook in about 15 mins.

Veggies are easy to do such as asparagus; just toss in some olive oil and seasonings and grill in about 15 mins. they are done

We've even made individual meat loaves on the grill!  We just make regular meatloaf but divide the meat up into mini loaves and cook them on the grill...we usually put a glaze of ketchup, worchestershire sauce and a little brown sugar on during the last 10 mins. or so of grilling.

We grill marinated boneless chicken breasts and then slice them and put them atop lettuce, tomatoes, croutons and cucumbers for a salad.

I  also have a grill pan from QVC and it's one of the best things I ever bought...it makes grilling so much easier as you don't have to worry about things falling through the grates and it cleans up pretty easily!! 

Thanks!!  All of it sounds really good, except for the salmon.  Neither of us are salmon lovers, but we do like most other fish!!!  

Honored Contributor

As Angel Puppy1, we grill a lot of salmon.  We put it skin side down on UNsprayed aluminum foil and use just a salmon or red fish shake we get in spices at the store.  DH closes the lid a minute or to so we don't have to spray with olive oil.  The closing helps it to keep moist.

When he brings it in and we cut it, I can lift the pieces off of the skin with a metal turner.

I serve it with dill sauce.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

@ECBG wrote:

As Angel Puppy1, we grill a lot of salmon.  We put it skin side down on UNsprayed aluminum foil and use just a salmon or red fish shake we get in spices at the store.  DH closes the lid a minute or to so we don't have to spray with olive oil.  The closing helps it to keep moist.

When he brings it in and we cut it, I can lift the pieces off of the skin with a metal turner.

Thank you!  I know a lot of people love salmon and it's so good for you, but I really don't like it at all.  I do like other fish though and I would guess that some white fish would work just as well, right? 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@ECBG

@ECBG wrote:

Thank you!  I know a lot of people love salmon and it's so good for you, but I really don't like it at all.  I do like other fish though and I would guess that some white fish would work just as well, right? 

@AngelPuppy1Absolutely!  All fish can be grilled.  You might like a grilling basket since a regular grate is too large and the fish would fall through.  The aluminum foil works for all seafood, although I'd spray first for types other than salmon.  We have several kinds of fish rubs.  Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

We like to grill pork tenderloin and chix breasts beside the usual hot dogs, hamburgers and smoked sausage.  Grilled veggies are great marinated in Italian dressing or I like Ken's Asian Ginger marinade/salad dressing for a change.  You can also just brush with olive oil and your choice of seasonings.

We have the 6 pc. grill mats from QVC and they make grilling very easy with no burnt foods. I like to do ribs in the pressure cooker first and then on the grill for a couple minutes on each side and brushed with BBQ sauce.  We also do ham steaks on the grill with some kind of sauce at the end of cooking. 

Happy Grilling!