Honored Contributor

What do you want in the next generation air fryer?

These babies aren't going away, they will only get better.  I have two but already can think of a couple improvements.  #1  Square pan for more capacity and possibility of doing pork chops, hamburg patties, etc. #2  Keep the under drain pan.  Why let the oil drain off if your product will be sitting in it?  #3  Make the opening button easier to manipulate.  #4  Let the basket slide in easier to make the electrical connection.

Anyone else?  

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you want in the next generation air fryer?

[ Edited ]

Better quality. I got the Cook's Essentials 3 qt. or so air fryer back in 2016 and while I love how it cooks the nonstick coating began peeling off in about 2-3 months or so. Now, I have to coat the pan in oil before each use. The exposed areas also rusted.

This issue needs to be resolved before I buy another one. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I have a Phillips.  My  complaint is that I can’t turn it off once it is running....I have to pull the plug.  The heat stops, but then timer keep going until it dings.

Also, it needs to be bigger, as in wider.  I would like one with a bigger footprint.  It doesn't need to be higher, just wider.

Honored Contributor

I also think the release button needs to operate easier.  (I have the Power XL)

Respected Contributor

CARMIE< Can you adjust the time , or temperature while it is running ? If you can, just keep pressing the time incurment until there is only one minute, and wait for the 1 to count down and it will turn off. That is how my Power XL works.

Respected Contributor

NycVixen, Did you buy this from Q.V.C.? If so, call customer Service I'm sure they will replace or give you credit. Just don't use this with the problem with peeling and rust you will get sick. I had a problem with a mini food pullser and I call the customer service Dept. at Q.V.C. I even had a while and they refunded my money because it was rusting, and the rep told me do not use it it is dangerous to your health. So Please Please call them. Be safe not sorry.

Respected Contributor

NycVixen, If you do replace it with another Air-Fryer the Power Xl is what I have it is of good quality the basket is made like the gold pans the Q sells with Eric Theiss. Mine it used acouple if not 3x's a day and I've had mine almost a year with no peeling or rusting. I bought Mine from Kohl's.It works great, and I purchased a turntablel for B.B.&B just to keep my counter safe and make it easier to turn need be. Lots of good luck to you !!

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad I bought the NuWave 6 qt one. Easy as all get out, No issues

at all.

(don't get the 3 qt one, now, it's crappy LOL)  Just stand in the store with the demo model and try to pull out and reinsert the drawer you'll know what I mean. Kohl's keeps demos out.

6qt is plenty big too. Really making trying to stay fat free easier

Valued Contributor

The piece that you put the food on SHOULD BE STAINLESS STEEL.  This should be mandatory.  The botton plate in my Emeril air fryer had to be thrown out because the coating was coming off.  This is unacceptable!  All  manufactures need to fix this problem.

If convection ovens come with stainless steel shelves why doesn't the air fryer have the same thing.  These two kitchen appliances are pretty much the same. They're OVENS !!!!!

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou I have the Power XL too and use it frequently.  It is over one year old and no rusting or peeling.  I love it.