Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of this idea?

As long as they are clean, and I would wash them before I used them, I dont see a problem.  Well maybe.....what happens if the appliance breaks or quits working while you are using it?  Would you be responsible paying for it?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I think it is  a great idea for those who have small kitchens with limited space, but the pasta machine would worry me.

Those cannot be washed in the sink or dishwasher.  They are just wiped clean and the flour and pasta is brushed off of the blades and teeth.  I'd pass on that item.

Respected Contributor

While I would borrow cooking items from some of my friends, I wouldn’t from those I don’t know. Cooties! 

Respected Contributor

I think it’s a great idea.
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely!

Many kitchen items are used once or twice a year. In addition, if I really liked an item and thought I would use it often I would look for one to buy.

I assume we are talking non-electric items. Anything hard to clean or electric, then No.

Honored Contributor

I think it is a great idea  - for those that can't afford a KA stand mixer and need to do some baking... or even a hand mixer, blender - appliances are expensive.

In the pic,I see a crepe pan - pasta maker - I have never attempted to do either. It may be a good idea if this is for you before you plunk down money and have it collect dust a week later. Then donated to SA a few years later.

I have seen many post here on buyng treasures at tag sales, this is very similiar. 

Honored Contributor

👎 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

No!  I won't even borrow books from the library because of the ick factor.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

It’s a Public Library...so no fees.

unless you live out of their county. In my part of Tx I pay 17 a yr to use the major library. up in Ind it had climbed to 50 ! now, I understand it's even higher since I left up there in 2010

I get my monies worth, though. DVD's, etc.

Honored Contributor

No I wouldn't check them out. I have alot of what was pictured now that I don't use.