Honored Contributor

What do you think of Food Network cooking lessons?

Food Network is starting a kind of cooking school.  If you get the app for your phone, you can get lessons, tips, etc for cooking anything.  Some of it is free, some not.  Those that are not free are individual lessons from the network stars like Bobby Flay, Ina Garton, etc.  Anyone try this yett? I'm not, but I'm curious how they will do this.  I can't see their very well paid stars like Flay trying to teach an individual how to cook something. 

Valued Contributor

Re: What do you think of Food Network cooking lessons?

Pre iron chef the shows taught people how to cook.Those were the days.

Honored Contributor

I cannot stand Flay and Garten is not a fave so I wouldn't watch either of them.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch this particular show, but you have to be vigilant about salt and fat.  Unless they bill themselves  as a "healthy cook" I'd be very watchful!

Respected Contributor

I’ve been checking out the app, but I don’t see anything about one on one cooking lessons. Most of the cooking lesson videos with any of the Food Network personalities are premium content. It’s about $50 a year.
Contributor

I've only seen the advertising but I like the idea of it very much esp. for young people.  It's an important life skill.