Respected Contributor

Re: What do you like to buy at Aldi's

@Carmie wrote:

I have two Aldi stores near me and I don't shop there.

We have better stores with better discounts than Aldi's.

Do you have the names of those better stores???

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby and I were just at Adi's yesterday - we try to go there once a month. I love their canned tomato products - price is excellent and so is the quality. They have great frozen desserts, and egg, milk and butter prices are usually less than other local stores but significantly less. Cheese products are great, and their Clancy's snack items are as good as name brands. I think I paid $1.49 for a box of "honey nut crispy oats" - their brand that tastes the same as the major breakfast brand. It's a great place to shop, and it's always fun to see what home items they have - here today but gone tomorrow! And their check-out clerks? Fastest I've ever seen anywhere!

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie, if you don't shop there, how do you know there are other stores that have better discounts? Please share the names in case we have them locally as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Carmie, if you don't shop there, how do you know there are other stores that have better discounts? Please share the names in case we have them locally as well.

I have been to Aldi's a few times and also when I need something quick like eggs and I am close buy.  I just don't like the store at all.

We have two stores that are way less expensive and they sell name brands.

The first one is Price Rite.  I go there for olive oil and bread products and produce. I buy spare ribs and some cheese products as well.  If they are having a great sale on something aineed, I go there.  They sell a lot of ethnic foods.

The second and my favorite store is Sharp Shopper.  Sharp Shopper is located in PA and VA.  They sell overstocked food and some food close to the expiration dates, but not too close.

They also have local deli meats and local fresh produce.  In season they sell plants from local farms..flowers and veggies...dirt cheap.

The store mostly hires senior citizens and the service is wonderful. Sometimes the pieces are so, so low that I almost feel guilty buying it.  Some of their items are commercial foods.  For instance, I can buy a whole Pellman Cake for $9.99 or a large carrot cake for $3.99. They are packaged for restaurants.

Ice cream is almost a giveaway as are items like Keurig coffee and candy.  Bottled drinks are another great buy.  They have just about anything you can think of..really really cheap.  They sell Pepperage Farm Breads and other items at $1.49 everyday.

People drive a great distance to shop there.  They make a day of it.  I live 10 minutes away.

ED365BF5-9960-4BE5-B0BC-4E13AC5813D0.jpeg

AAECF0AC-CD00-488E-9D31-E41FBF7DD514.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have two Aldi stores near me and I don't shop there.

We have better stores with better discounts than Aldi's.

@Carmie

i was beginning to think i was the only person who didnt care for ALDI. we have a brand new one that opened up last year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45   There are two close to me.  One is less than a year old.

i tried to like to shop there, but I just don't.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

3 main reasons why i DONT like shopping there.....

no deli

no bakery

not a large selection of products

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I buy so much -- I don't know where to start.  I will list some of my favorites:

Knock Your Sprouts Off Bread

Rice Pudding

Oatmeal packets

Whipped lo fat topping

Jarred spaghetti sauces

Fresh fruits and vegetables

Chocolate candy

Paper Towels

Cranberry Sauce

Stuffing Mix

Lactose Free Milk

Yogurt - their brand of Greek - especially the mixed berry

Jams

Peanut Butter 

I will say so far the only thing I didn't think was that good was their brand of Cheerios.  I could eat them but they just weren't the same!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

3 main reasons why i DONT like shopping there.....

no deli

no bakery

not a large selection of products

There are some stores that are a bit larger than others, and they have more aisles in the store so that they have more room for more items.

There are different models of different stores.

There are also stores that have an actual bakery in the store where they make fresh bakery items, and then put them out in those self-serve cases. 

They don't have the kind of full-service bakery that other stores have where you can order cakes and so on, but I think that it's nice to be able to get fresh pastries and breads and rolls if you want them. 

Contributor

I was at Aldi's yesterday and saw the Spinach Dip and a Buffalo Chicken Dip.  It was located in the flat freezer cases.

Some people mentioned getting fresh bakery items and maybe in bins.  Walmart here quit using bins. 

That's why America's great to offer many stores to shop at!