Honored Contributor

What did you think of the unpainted inside of new soup bowls with spoons?

I took a good long look at the new K36609 set of 4 soup bowls with spoons. I love the shape of them, the size of them, and the spoons are so great, but I do not like the unpainted insides of containers anymore.

First, I think as soup bowls, these are not so functional, as they are too narrow at the opening. I'd love them for serving condiments, and sauces. The spoons seem awkward to eat off of, but awesome for serving things like syrups, glazes, grated cheeses,etc.

The only reason I didn't buy them is that the upainted or white insides just stand out too much. I do see how, with the design being so narrow at the top, they'd be almost impossible to paint a design on the inside, but even a wash of background color would help. I have some older OW covered pieces that are white inside, and now that Tara has started to paint pieces both inside and outside, I'm spoiled and want that look in all my pieces.

I know that when full of food, you'd never notice this, but for some reason, I don't like the look of it. Does this bother anyone else enough to keep from ordering them? I thought they would sell out within the presentation, but not so. Is there a reason others of you did or did not buy them?

I'd kill to be able to buy just the spoons, as they woulld be great to use with the grabits and the dipping dishes for sauces, dips, and syrups, and might consider buying these just as they are if they were offered in sets of two so I could get more colors ( I now have ble, brown, green, and spice going with cream and confetti catching my attention too), only needing one or two if going to use them for serving and not a place setting for soup/cereal.