Frequent Contributor

Re: What coffee brand is your favorite?

Starbucks Verona (either ground or K-cup)!!

Respected Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@CalminHeart

Eight O'Clock Coffee was my Mom's favorite.  For me, it's Starbucks, French Roast.  Do you remember a brand called "Chock Full of Nuts?"  They had a jingle they would sing: "Chock Full of Nuts is such heavenly coffee, better coffee millionaire's money can't buy."  LOL.

You just brought back some great memories.....  and now I'll be singing that all day!

Do you also like Starbucks Verona, Gold Coast or Komodo Dragon.  Those are also bold roasts and really good.

Respected Contributor

@de1rdre wrote:

Starbucks Verona (either ground or K-cup)!!

LOVE VERONA...   the Gold Coast is really good too.

Respected Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

I have been really enjoying a Costco coffee that comes in a green back. It says House Blend, Roasted by Starbucks. Good stuff!

And a Cuban restaurant opened up and they serve Cafe Bustillo, which is also really good. But in my home coffee maker I have to use more of it as its very finely ground. And only sugar tastes good in it for sweetening; the artificial sweeteners make it taste weird.

I am going to have to try this Eight O'Clock coffee many of you mentioned.

When I was a kid...   a very long time ago,  they used to sell Eight O'Clock beans in the supermarket, and the store would grind it for you if you wanted.  The grinder was by the cash register!

Honored Contributor

I like rich, medium roast coffee.  

#1 = Starbucks Guatemala Laguna de Ayarza

#2 = Folgers Black Silk

Respected Contributor

If you have an opportunity to buy this organic Mayorga coffee, don't pass it up.  It's sold at Costco warehouses and Costco.com, and in at least one of our local grocery stores.  It's rare to find it pre-ground--although our local Costco carried the ground version for a short time---so you're most likely to see whole beans.  I like the Cubano flavor, although Mayorga has other varieties.

Mayorga Organic Café Cubano Whole Bean Coffee 5 lb. Bag

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

.....the one on sale.

Me too.  I only allow myself one cup a day so it is hardly worth spending much time or money on.  Just enough to open my eyes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I LOVE coffee and used to like to switch it up often. Funny, the older I get, the more set in my ways I become. For my Keurig, I basically only drink Neumann's Own Organic Bold...even though the coffee carousel has many varieties in it. (I just keep them there now for company)

I also bought a Nespresso a few years back (after I tried the Keurig Rivo on QVC and had to send it back because it malfunctioned constantly) and love almost all of their blends, but my favorite lately is Vanillo...to make lattes. 

Trusted Contributor

Kopi Luwak, or Wild Thai Civet Coffee ... Not! Smiley LOL

Now, it is whatever my DD/SIL is brewing, when I arrive at their home to take care of my GD at 4:45am ... I take home the excess for iced coffee and for the weekend. 

I'm an old timer, I grew up on 'Cowboy Coffee', so I appreciate and enjoy whatever coffee is being made/served.

Respected Contributor

Berres Brothers