Frequent Contributor

Re: What brand of pandcake mix is the best???

chickenbutt said she uses Bisquick for waffles; I don't have a waffle iron but we think Bisquick pancakes are by far the best we've tried.  I keep it on hand only for pancakes--never make biscuits!  I like the pancakes so well I don't use syrup either, but bet adding cheese would really make them fantastic!

Respected Contributor

The best pancake mix I have ever had was Cracker Barrel's.  Absolutely fluffy and delicious.

Honored Contributor

I like Aunt Jemima Original. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

I have used many mixes but found that making it myself is the best. Use 2 cups flour, half cup sugar, 1 egg, quarter cup oil and enough buttermilk to make batter the easy to pour. I had to adjust the sugar several times till I found the right amout for me. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I've always used Bisquick...yum... thanks for making me think about pancakes!!!!!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

No mix, just scratch. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Secret, girls, is buttermilk. Just add buttermilk to Mrs. Butterworth's.

Your welcome !

#Q.gif

Trusted Contributor

@tobias wrote:

thoughts?? just bought a Lodge cast iron griddle and am wondering what brand of mix does everyone use for pancakes and waffles ?? (also have a new waffle iron) I've always used Aunt Jemima mixes (both original and buttermilk) Dont buy the complete because I like the idea of adding milk and eggs.   Has anyone found a brand they prefer? thanks

Bisquick is good, but I also like Aldi's brand of baking mix.

It's also very good, too. I am talking about the all-purpose baking mix, although their pancake mix is good, too.

It seems to be a seasonal item, and when they do have it, it seems to sell out fast, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH swears by Klondike (available at Wal-Mart and Amazon, but best price by far is Costco).

Honored Contributor

I have always used Aunt Jemima when I use a mix.  For some reason in the winter I always pull out the cookbook for scratch pancakes and waffles.  I guess its the hearth and home of the winter feeling.   

It always amazes me when I realize how easy the homemade recipes are especially since they taste so good.  Still go right back to shortcuts in the summer months.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."