Respected Contributor

Re: What bowls do you use for French Onion soup?

me too!! ... I got mine many moons ago as a shower gift. They also came with the rattan type trivets for them.

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 pupwhipped said:

Thank you Campion, sunshine45 and northernlights for your replies. I don't make French onion soup very often as my hubby is not the biggest fan. But, I LOVE it! And it's really pretty easy to make except for slicing all those darn onions. And uh, truth be told, I think my favorite part of the soup is the gooey cheese. ha!

Thanks again.

that is my favorite part also......and the crispy browned cheese that you have to peel off of the soup bowl! whenever i order it while i am out i always make sure to tell them "well-done." {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I personally use a set of Flame Ware, from Q, that does not have the hollow handle, like the original,which allowed water to stay in the handle, and LOVE them for a lot of things........If you look at the St Clairs, you will see what I have, and I love these bowls, with lids, and easy cleanup........I do not think they sell them any more.....{#emotions_dlg.sad} I wish they would bring these back, as I think they got the bad wrap from the original, the the new addition is the bomb.........Cool

St. Clair (2) 2-lb Nacho Chicken Mac and Cheese - M114703

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Valued Contributor

I love, love, love French Onion Soup!! I love it at the Restaurants, but I just can't make it as good at home and I am a great cook. I will stick to eating it while out for dinner and leave cooking it at home to you all!!!