Respected Contributor

Re: What are your most used pantry items?

Flour 

Sugar and brown sugar

Tea for me, coffee for DH

Oatmeal 

Pasta - all kinds

Rice - long grain, jasmine

Beans - many kinds

Chicken Broth - Swanson's Natural Goodness 

Tomato products, especially these diced tomatoes (available at Target and Walmart):

Pomi, Tomatoes Chopped, 12 - 26 Ounce Boxes (Case)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

legumes/beans: (split peas, lentils-red/green, chick peas, pinto, kidney, black, white, red adzuki, green mung, etc).  I oten cook a bean with rice in the IP.  I keep a few canned varieties for emergencies.

grains:

quinoa/amaranth (a well-used staple due to versatility & protein content), buckwheat, barley, oats, millet, etc

rice:  short grain (brown and white prefer Lundberg), jasmine, black, wild (looks like rice), basmati, sushi, love Lotus brand for a change in variation.  Keep TJ's organic frozen for emergencies.

pasta: wheat/ whole grains, lentil, brown rice, red lentil, black bean, udon 

Veggies:

Sweet potatoes/yams, onions, garlic, potatoes (red,gold,russet)

Nuts & Seeds:

Cashews, almond, brazil, peanuts, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, chia, hemp, nut butters, (others but these are staples).  I recently made a medley of seeds and nuts that I roasted and seasoned with herbs/spices to add to salads/snack/veggies.

Broth:

Veggie:   I keep TJ's low-sodium veggie broth on the shelf for emergencies.  But typically I use veggie scraps and make my own broth and keep refrigerated.  I use a lot of broth for cooking and saute/soups.

Seaweed:

Wakame, kombu, nori. Miso soup...yum!

Herbs & spices

Always have a backup (buy several when on sale at Sprouts) of our favorite Reserve 4% balsamic vinegar - usually a component in salad dressing.

My husband bought bins and a label maker for me.  All of these products are stored on shelves in the bins and labeled. We rarely eat processed food so this list is extensive but the meals are simple.  I just add fresh fruits and produce and every day is a creative adventure. Most of the products are organic. We could easily shelter in place for a monthSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Salsa (hot)

Maple Syrup

Pam

Lime Juice

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 ...........thanks for the information.  I will look for that and give it a try.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Starbucks Sumatra coffee beans for grinding

Peppercorns for grinding

Janes Crazy Pepper

harrissa powder

turmeric

olive oil

balsamic vinegar

Jasmine and Basmati rice

rotini vege pasta

Dried onion flakes/dried garlic chunks

Caraway Seed, mostly for bread baking

yeast for bread baking

KA unbleached bread, whole wheat, rye flours etc.

multiple grains for bread baking

KA gluten for bread baking

molasses for bread baking

Honored Contributor

Cereal, pasta, tomatoes, vegetables, broth and chili powder. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

tuna

canned beans

dried beans

jasmine rice

pasta

pasta sauce

low sodium V8 juice

cream of chicken or mushroom soup

organic bone broth

veggie broth

Kcups

things I never touch, hubby's:

sardines, kippers, spam vienna sausage, ramen products, stuffed olives, hot sauces

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Oreos, Doritos and Hershey Chocolate Syrup.

@Snowpuppy   A casserole?  LOL!!!!  But all three food groups--salt, fat and sugar!  

Honored Contributor

I am struck by how similar our lists are!  Many of us are very rice and bean and pasta oriented and tomatoes are an important staple on many lists.  And fire roasted tomatoes, which wouldn't have been so popular maybe too many years ago.

And salsa!  How would we get along without it?  Certainly for Mexican dishes, and with chips, but for us also in those beans that so many have stashed away! 

And for us along with box cereal (only raisin bran and Cheerios are from the last century) we keep both rolled and steel cut oats.  

We keep and make yogurt too and use it almost every day just to eat with a little honey or jam and maybe chia seeds.

Do you have tomato juice?  We often do, along with orange juice and Pom, which I like mixed and watered down a little.

Tea (iced tea is a must with us daily and year around), as well as hot tea and coffee but also espresso, cappuccinos, latte and iced coffee with milk for me.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@sunshine45 ....what is italian tuna?

@Imaoldhippie 

tuna belly.

once i tried it i totally stopped buying the regular name brands.

it is more expensive, but so much more delicious.

i buy it by the case usually.

tuna flott.jpg

@sunshine45  @Imaoldhippie   I buy some from Amazon. I like Callipo from Italy as well, and Ortiz is good too.  There is one kind, maybe King Oscar?, from Norway too, and another one from I think Scotland?  I avoid the ones from Asia. 

World Market has Callipo and sometimes Home Goods has them and or Ortiz.