Honored Contributor

Re: What are you thankful for?

I would say one thing that stands out above all my other blessings would be that I had strong parents who raised us to be strong adults and with the tools we needed to cope with the world. Nothing beats a good foundation!

Honored Contributor

The most wonderful husband anyone could ever have!  He is a blessing from above in my life!

Honored Contributor

I am thankful for each day that I wake up in this wonderful country.I could even say that I am grateful.

Honored Contributor

Food, dogs (Yorkies), our health, my S & B, our home. Music, movies, our car, travels we've been on and still will go to. Disneyland, green grass and blue skys and white clouds and Fall leaves, just to name a few. Most of all, God.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For so many things - for the three incredible men in my life . My high school/college sweetheart who died in an accident at age 20 (active Navy).  My first husband, of 53 years until his death (a Korean War vet Army). And my precious husband who passsed in August . . a WWII vet (Marine Corps).  I have been truly blessed to share my life with such amazing men.  And since it's Veterans Day I am so proud of all three and their service to our country.

For my four children, my even dozen grandchildren, and my 2 and 1/3 great grandchildren. I am so proud of each of them.  For a life I have tried for 82 years to deserve.  And this week especially for the privilege of living in this heaven blessed country and the freedom that goes with being an American.  I thank God every day for the life he continues to grant me.

And I  have to add that I am so thankful for all the wonderful pets that have graced my world through the years.  How much they have added to the joy and unconditional love in my world!

Frequent Contributor

I am thankful for everything mentioned above.  I thank God everyday for all my blessings.

Honored Contributor

In the past year, 2 WONDERFUL grandchildren and a BEAUTIFUL grand nephew, and a new home that is still a work in progress but is bursting with potential.

I look forward to the Thanksgiving holiday this year as my opportunity to truly give extra special Thanks for all of my many Blessings.

Respected Contributor

Oh my; hardly know where to start but because Veterans day is upon us I would say I'm so thankful to have been born, grown up and grown old in the good old USA.  Still the greatest country on God's earth!

Respected Contributor

I am thankful for a husband who has been an excellent caregiver during this year of illness.

I agree with poster @bonnielu who is grateful for things better left unsaid.

Trusted Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@151949 wrote:

More than I could detail here. I have had a very fortunate life.

I could not have said it better!

God takes very good care of me, and always has.

I recently stopped taking an over the counter allergy pill.  I have no symptoms, so far.  I am 48 years old, and I take no daily medication, prescription or otherwise.  Perfect health is at the top of my blessed list!

@HonnyBrown  in terms of allergy - PA suggested the Neil-Med sinus rinse.  It has worked very well for my DH and me, no drug just saline.  If you find you need something.