Honored Contributor

Re: What are you going to cook this June 2020?

Finally emptied the fridge of all leftovers and wiped it down well.   Checked all dates on the condiments.   

Had a pedicure appt in town, so made a grocery run while I was out, and have the fridge full of things to cook when my girls come back home starting tomorrow.   

We enjoyed homemade pizza for supper.

Respected Contributor

It has been hot here! Our dinner tonight was sloppy joes and french fries. Have some chocolate ice cream for later.

Respected Contributor

It is another cool day with drizzle again. Davey got out of mowing two days in a row - hopefully he can get it all chopped down tomorrow. Warm weather is returning. 

Went out and we ate at Applebee's. Their food is always good - still so many places not open at all for food. Oh well,, the most that have opened are here around where I am. Yippee!

We are going to try and meet as a church tomorrow at the Pastor's home. they have a huge home and huge yard. Even so, we are a super small group and the past year we have lost several members due to health, moving or whatever - it happens. Just hope it is not too chilly tomorrow - I do not do well sitting out in that stuff - as bad as the heat in my book.

Hope all have a great evening and even better tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I did not even cook.  Mr. 4kittes mowed and did yard work most of the day.  I did some laundry and household chores.  He had a late lunch and I was tired so we did not even eat supper!

I did make a nice breakfast this morning though.  Scrambled eggs, toast and fruit.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Super Contributor

Where i live most restaurants are open now.  Have been out twice, once to celebrate our grandsons' graduation.  It is a wonderful thing to feel 'normal' again!!

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.  bright and sunny today . that miserable humidity left us so its nice again.maria made a big chowder in the slow cooker this morning. it was pork,carrots, potatoes,cabbage milk, apple juice, cream of celery soup, it was so good. and she made potato salad to go with burgers for tomorrow.hope eveeryone has a gret week.

Respected Contributor

Turkey burgers tonight.  With broccoli salad and corn on the cob.  I got the corn at the grocery store and I hope it is good.  I cannot wait for our local sweet corn to be ready!

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Turkey burgers tonight.  With broccoli salad and corn on the cob.  I got the corn at the grocery store and I hope it is good.  I cannot wait for our local sweet corn to be ready!

@4kitties  We've had corn three times in the past month. It was so good I couldn't believe it. I wondered where it came from as local is not out.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

The corn was delicious!  Not as good as the local corn, but very good.  I got it at Kroger. I do not know where it was grown.  Sometimes they have a sign to tell where it is from, but I did not see one this time.  

I also got a box of the Hostess cupcakes in lemon flavor.  They are just like the chocolate ones with the little squiggle of white frosting, but lemon flavor.  Very good!🍋🍋

Respected Contributor

Re: What are yhou going to cook this June 2020?

@katte wrote:

I have a chuck roast in the slow cooker, along with onions,  carrots, potatoes and red bell pepper and probably a fruit cobbler for dessert. 

Doesn't sound like a June meal. More like winter.