Honored Contributor

Re: What are you going to cook this June 2020?

salads

blt

grilled stuff

and other than this no idea -- it's in the 90s everyday and humid already...

I've cooked enough these past 7.5 weeks makes me not want to cook at all😉!!!

Frequent Contributor

Been using my crockpot a lot ...but tonight it's my rice cooker.  I didn't grow up using a rice cooker, and years back, saw Wolfgang Puck on HSN, selling his rice cooker.  He had 2 sizes, think the smallest one was 6 or 7 cup (can't remember) and the big one was 10 cup.

At first if was scared using it, not a lot of recipes came with it; but watching on tv, he had Deb Murray showing how to use it and all the recipes she created using it.

To get use to it, I would buy like Rice A Roni mixes and would add chicken to it to make a full meal, or I would add in shrimp, or crab meat, or make the rice in the bottom and steam salmon in the steamer basket.

\

I've made mac & cheese in it as well.  Tonight I'm making spaghetti in the rice cooker.  I just add in the uncooked pasta, sauce and some water, sometimes I add in frozen meatballs, but tonight just the sauce, when done, I'll mix in some cottage cheese to make it like a casserole.

When I make chicken & rice in the rice cooker, I also add in some frozen mix veggies.

I have fun using the rice cooker.  After I got the hang of using the rice cooker, I went out and bought  a 20 cup rice cooker, sound big but it really isn't; and I didn't get a fancy one, just has a cook & warm cycle to it.

Respected Contributor

Have a mixture of veggies in the WOK and tossed in some orange chicken - really like that stuff unless it is too seasoned for me. Ouch. Should be ready shortly - well I am in Sou Cal so it is earlier than a lot of you. 

Tomorrow is Tessa's BD - Davey and I are going up taking her to lunch and give her a few things - nothing elaborate but it is so important for her to know and understand we love her  - through it all.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

No major cooking in my kitchen this week.  

We did eat macaroni salad, bean salad, chili macaroni, country ham biscuits, and BLTs this week.  The heat has made everyone here want something very simple and quick; no interest in big plate meals.   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Not very exciting here.  Mr. 4kitties wants to put some hot dogs on the grill.  We have a broccoli salad and baked beans to go with them.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. sunny and humidity is gone finally. in the middle 70s. we ate downstairs with mil. she made pasta, meatballs, sausage,ham .french fries ,brocolli ,stuffed mushrooms, maranated chicken and salad and probably more. everything was very good. maria has been thinking about getting an instapot but she is afraid of using a presure cooker but after seeing alot of recipes say about using an instapot we ordered one. we havnt used it yet. she wanted large size so qvc had a nuwave 13 quart for 140 bucks. any of you have one?  i will let you all know how it is when she uses it. my mom years ago got a stove top presure cooker but she never used it. she hurd stories about them blowing up. hope everyone has a  great weekend.

Respected Contributor

I'm working on using up some of my canned food in the cupboard.  For lunch/dinner I baked a potato, and covered it with some canned chili, shredded cheese, chopped onion and sour cream.  So tasty!

Honored Contributor

After a very nice long break from kitchen duty, per special request, I will be making boneless pork chops, biscuits, gravy, sliced tomatoes, and fried apples for our supper today.   

Respected Contributor

Have no clue what I will fix today - maybe nothing. That sounds better by the day. This getting old and feeble is NO FUN at all - but then what are my options? May have a frozen meal already prepared - not by me but by the senior group in this small town. They are not bad at all. Have had a couple that I just do NOT like, but generally speaking they are very good - and just the right size. CAnnot argue with that.

Another very chilly night but I slept very well - thank goodness for that. Today suppose to heat up a bit but nothing drastic.

HOpe all have a good day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not much cooking here in my kitchen.  Last night I made big salads for us.  With some crackers and cheese.  I have just lost all interest in food and cooking lately.  I need to do something to get me going.  Maybe I should read a cookbook or something........

I have been snacking on junk food, which I gave up several years ago, and it makes me feel awful.  I finally just got rid of the stuff and need to get back to eating healthier things.  I have gained almost 5 lbs...........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward