Respected Contributor

Re: What are yhou going to cook this June 2020?

I just put a small pork roast in the Crock Pot.  I still have to decide what to go with it.  Mr. 4kitties may want to make his into a sandwich.  Maybe cole slaw????

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Re: What are you going to cook this June 2020?

[ Edited ]

Oh my gosh, really great food listed here. Wish I had the energy to move around and try eating what others cook. Ahhh, there was a time - you people are terrific.

Suppose to startr heating up today - do not like that at all.

Have several things to do today which do not involve food. Shucks. My debit card went on the blink yesterday - so a trip to the Bank is necessary. My portable oxygen concentrator stopped working when I was in the grocery store so have to call them. Did get gas before the mandatory 5 p.m. curfew started. People were behaving like idiots when we got the message to get in our home by 5 p.m. Insanity at the grocery store - again. Just real crazy. Thank goodness it was peaceful and quiet all night - not a mouse was stirring quite literally.

Hope all have a great day - not real sure what is for dinner but something will get fixed. Actually I still have some of that roast and veggies left over - it is always good.

Honored Contributor

I just put some chicken tenders in the crockpot. Then poured a sauce over them made with 1/2 cup melted butter, 1.5 oz. dry Italian seasoning mix, 1/2 cup white wine, 6 oz. cream cheese, and 2 cans cr. of mushroom soup. Will prepare some angel hair pasta to serve it over.

I love reading what everyone here is cooking. I always get ideas.

Frequent Contributor

I cheated .. lol .... bought a box of 8 pc fried chicken from the deli dept from Publix .... so I'll have that for a few days. 

I also got some Italian sausage links that I'll be making with onions, peppers, & sliced potatoes.   Since I'm now living alone, I don't mind if I eat the meats for a few days, I just re-invent the ways I eat it.  One day, on a sandwich, one day maybe with pasta, sometimes making homemade pizza, add the sausage with the onions & peppers, I've even added to mac & cheese.

I miss cooking for my family & friends, but since that's not the case now ... I don't have anyone complaining about having left overs ... lol

Respected Contributor

Mr 4kitties wants some of the leftover pork roast.  It turned out to be really good.  I am going to have a tossed green salad.  

Respected Contributor

Yesterday was really hot and sticky. Suppose to drop a few degrees come tomorrow - hopefully today. Way too early for us to get this miserable. I do not want to spend any time in the kitchen on days like yesterday. 

I often have leftovers. Much easier for my lifestyle as the years add up and the health takes a back seat which never use to happen. What can I say? 

We even had an earthquake late afternoon - do not need that with everything else. Sigh.

Have leftovers still in the Fridge and today need to eat it all up or toss it - do not like doing that but sometimes I fix just way too much. Davey is not a big fan on healthy food so he tries to find junk food as a snack. Have really curbed that stuff up as he is way overweight - his biggest problem is sitting on his butt and not doing enough. Yes, I try and keep him moving but it is amazing that he finds so many shortcuts to doing things. LOL.

Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Boy am I ever getting lazy.  I got a bag of Teriyaki veggies and noodles in the produce section.  It is kind of like a big bag of pre cut veggies with a packet of sauce and noodles. You stir fry them, but have no prepping.  It is the Taylor Farm brand and I have had their salads before and they are very good.  Hope these will be too!

Respected Contributor

It will be 4kitties. I am using a lot of those combinations - different brands, and so far all have been good. Really easy to fix. Occasionally I may toss one or two things in the mixture just for a change  - use the orange chicken a lot. Also cut up red potatoes.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I recently purchased the George Foreman electric grill from the Q & am having fun trying out various recipes.  Chicken kabobs turned out fabulous!  I'm making Quesadillas tonight on the grill.  Loving the results so far, especially the easy cleanup!  I'll be trying other recipes the rest of this month.

Respected Contributor

@Winifred 

The veggies in it look really good and we like teriyaki flavor so I bet it will work for us.  I am thinking of adding some onion or celery with it.