Honored Contributor

Re: What are yhou going to cook this June 2020?

We haven't had beef in a while, it's not anyone's favorite. However, I bought some beef tips this AM. , just for something different, and I just sautéed them with peppers and onions, and then simmered them in beef stock and some worchester sauce. . I added baby carrots , and mushrooms, and cooked low and slow. When the meat was tender I thickened the sauce with a corn starch slurry, and tonight I'll serve it over noodles or rice. It is quite tasty.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Thanks for my menu for tomorrow night! LOL!

I happen to have some sirloin tips in the freezer along with all of the other ingredients!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

All that food sounds sooo good!!  Anything grilled sounds great. We are just having hot dogs tonight.

Happy eating!!

Honored Contributor

My June menus have been planned . I'm trying two new things this month. One is Taco Bundles (basically flattened crescent rolls with a taco filling sealed inside). I'm also doing an easy Crab Alfredo (although I may turn it into a Seafood Alfredo with the addition of shrimp and scallops).

Tonight I'm using a recipe mentioned in the Recipe Forum. It's a baked rice dish featuring Campbell's French Onion Soup. I'll serve it with pork chops and green beans. Dessert is a Pepperidge Farm lemon cake (was on sale for only $2.99 so I got a chocolate fudge one too).

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Thanks for my menu for tomorrow night! LOL!

I happen to have some sirloin tips in the freezer along with all of the other ingredients!

@KingstonsMom , You won't be sorry, 😋, glad I could help.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

My June menus have been planned . I'm trying two new things this month. One is Taco Bundles (basically flattened crescent rolls with a taco filling sealed inside). I'm also doing an easy Crab Alfredo (although I may turn it into a Seafood Alfredo with the addition of shrimp and scallops).

Tonight I'm using a recipe mentioned in the Recipe Forum. It's a baked rice dish featuring Campbell's French Onion Soup. I'll serve it with pork chops and green beans. Dessert is a Pepperidge Farm lemon cake (was on sale for only $2.99 so I got a chocolate fudge one too).

@AuntG 

I'm dying for a good (but easy) alfredo sauce if you have one to share!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I made a keto ham, broccoli & cheese casserole yesterday, for the first time. We enjoyed it very much. Leftovers tonight with roasted asparagus on the side.
Honored Contributor

With the house empty, except for hubs and I, there will be very little cooking!  

Tonight was a hamburger and the last of the baked beans.   The only thing left in the refrigerator is enough homemade spaghetti sauce for our supper tomorrow night.     

Respected Contributor

Just as an update, the Chicken Cacciatore turned out really well. It's a keeper! I like how fast it came together and it was very flavorful. 

I guess it goes without saying, but we had it with spaghetti (DH likes the thin type).

The recipe says it serves 4, but for 4 people I'd put in the whole jar of pasta sauce. For DH and I, 1-1/2 to 2 cups of sauce was fine.

Added a bit of garlic powder with the other spices. 

Our bottle of red wine was "off" tasting (open too long?) so I used white wine, which was fine.

A bit of pasta water can be used to thin the sauce at the end, if necessary (Giada on Food TV taught me that lol).

Finally, watch out with the red pepper flakes; I thought 1/8 tsp. was enough (you also add pepper at the end).

Trusted Contributor

We had celery with cream cheese tonight for dinner, with a glass of red wine. We ate lots of it! Don't judge. Smiley Wink