Respected Contributor

What are you going to cook this June 2020?

[ Edited ]

OK people, jump on board. Am impressed I remembered to do this earlier than usual. LOL.

Had a roast in the slow cooker last night with baby carrots, sweet onion, cut red potatoes and fixed some corn separately. Also finished up the last of the Macaroni Salad. Good way to usher in June.

Hope all have a great day and of course, eat well

Respected Contributor

Re: What are yhou going to cook this June 2020?

We had a beautiful, cooler day yesterday so I decided to bake a loaf of English Toasting bread and a big pan of yeast dinner rolls.  I just LOVE homemade bread.  We will munch of them for the next several days.  

Tonight, I am not sure what we will be eating.  I do have a nice broccoli salad and since it is getting a lot warmer here in Central Illinois today, maybe a pork chop on the grill would be good.  Or maybe chicken breasts.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

I have a chuck roast in the slow cooker, along with onions,  carrots, potatoes and red bell pepper and probably a fruit cobbler for dessert. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Still keeping my favorite "take outs, curb side & delivery" restaurants in business. 

Yesterday, I did break down & cooked a porterhouse steak & fixed a salad to go along w/it only because I was binging watching a tv series. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Hoping to order out more and eventually go to restaurants. Cooking much more than usual these past  months. But will do lots of traditional summer meals and cookouts.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Tonight it is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, fried squash, and vine ripened tomatoes. Been going to the local farmer's markets looking for some fresh pinto beans.....haven't t found any yet.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

Chicken in the air fryer. Lots of eggs and cheese done in all my favorite ways. Spinach is making me drool these days, and I'm pulling and eating green onions and fresh herbs in everything. I have a taste for lemons, capers and other bitter things lately--probably because I spent March and April fixing creamed everything. Early iceberg lettuce has a nice bitter flavor, and is good in a brothy chicken soup.

I borrowed a sous vide machine to experiment with this month, so that should be fun. I want to pasteurize some eggs and make hollandaise and bearnaise. And I want to try fish with herbs and lemon right in the packet. I'd love to hear from anyone who has favorites using this method.

Esteemed Contributor

Tonight we are having shrimp and broccoli.  It's a recipe in one of Andrew Lessman's cookbooks.  If you don't own his and Muriel's cookbooks you have to get them!   We really enjoy some of the meals and they are mostly quite healthy.  Anyway, for the month of June, our usual veggies and some type of fish on the grill,  angus burgers, steaks.......

loving this time of year Smiley Happy

ps: cookbooks are inexpensive and free shipping, available on HSN.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm trying a version of Chicken Cacciatore from Cooking Light. It seems quick and easy, and uses baby bella mushrooms which we like.

I have a lot of chicken breasts in the freezer and need to start working my way through them.

Chicken Cacciatore

Cooking LIght, Oct. 2009 (myrecipes.com website)

• 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Cooking spray
• 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
• 3/4 cup prechopped bell pepper
• 1 1/2 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
• 1/4 cup dry red wine
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano, dried basil, and red pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and bell pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce and wine; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil.