Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are you cooking for Mothers day?

My Son is picking up KFC and having it at his house. That way no Mothers cook and the restaurants are too crowded and expensive (especially with my Granddaughters one year old it’s her first Mother’s Day and she’s expecting again in Sept)!

Respected Contributor

I never cook on Mother’s Day.

Respected Contributor

Sundays are usually no cook days and tomorrow will be no exception. I did bake some goodies for our church coffee hour. We'll be up early, I'll put on one of my outfits, go to church at 8 AM, breakfast after with some of our lady friends, and then DH is taking me for dinner around sundown at a nice waterside restaurant. I'm looking forward to all of it. Hope everyone else's day is a great one. 

Respected Contributor

I am not cooking and I avoid eating in restaurants that day as they are too crowded.  I might order Chinese food or a pizza.

Valued Contributor

@Tweety68 wrote:

I am making pineapple ribs in 3 slow cookers,real baked beans with a turkey bacon lattice top,buttermilk cole slaw,Caprese with fresh basil,Garlic knots and strawberries on shortcake buscuits!Taking a break for a few minutes What are you making?Eating out?Thought it would be fun to hear!

@Tweety68 I hope this thread isn't mistaken for a game. Smiley Happy  We are having Red Lobster.  I already cooked the oven roaster but since my brother suggested Red Loster, I'm all in.  We'll (my Dad, brother and I) be eating it at home and no doubt reminiscing about Mom.  Happy Mother's Day Mom.

By the way @Tweety68 your menu has my mouth watering.  Room for another maybe?

Honored Contributor

I was home last week & had a wonderful time with family.  Between bday celebrations & upcoming Mother's Day we all went to brunch.  Then,   I took my dear friend whose like a Mom to me out to lunch for early Mother's Day.  

Tomorrow I have nothing planned.  Although my boys are up north even when I lived near it was always a day to relax.  I never want to go out on holidays -- too crowded, poor service & food not so great🙃.

My kids are good to me everyday and so it's like Mother's Day all year long! (My older son was born Mother's Day that year).

Happy Mother's Day🌹💐 

Honored Contributor

Grilling out hamburgers and brats. Sides will be baked beans, potato chips and fruit. About as easy as it gets!

Respected Contributor

Nada.

Respected Contributor

I am making homemade soft taco's. And I buy these little chocolate pies and put a dollop of whipped cream on the top. I just break one in two , have to watch. And we are happy Just the two of us. Happy Mother's Day To All. Every Women has been a Mother to someone a long the line. Enjoy Life Today !!! Heart Woman Happy