Super Contributor

What are you cooking for Mothers day?

[ Edited ]

I am making pineapple ribs in 3 slow cookers,real baked beans with a turkey bacon lattice top,buttermilk cole slaw,Caprese with fresh basil,Garlic knots and strawberries on shortcake buscuits!Taking a break for a few minutes What are you making?Eating out?Thought it would be fun to hear!

Respected Contributor

Re: What are you cooking for Mothers day?

That sounds great! We rarely go out on Mother’s Day because of the crowds, etc. We usually celebrate at another time, but this year I’m sending DS to Popeye’s for fried chicken, dirty rice and biscuits. We love Popeye’s fried chicken, but only get it a few times a year because it’s not exactly healthy. So this is a treat for me. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tweety68  Yum!  What time does the dinner bell ring at your house??

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No cooking here!

DS & DDIL are working all weekend. They took me out for breakfast today.

Tomorrow: invited for brunch at sister's house after I attend church. Asked  me to bring dessert, but it has to be "light".  I know she likes angel food cake, so I bought one. Will serve with macerated strawberries on the side.

Plenty of leftovers at home for dinner if I feel like it. Maybe spaghetti & meatballs and salad.

Mother's Day is the one day of the year when I refuse to eat in a restaurant. Too $$$, too crowded and poor service. 

Other DS is at an Army base several states away. He is spending his last weekend for a while visiting with his BFF. Deploying this coming week.

Prayers please for all the military moms and wives of military who are deployed this Mother's Day.

Trusted Contributor

@Tweety68   Mmm-mmm-mmm!  Sounds great!  What time should we be there and what can we bring?  😁

Honored Contributor

I celebrated with my one daughter who lives nearby on Wednesday.  She treated me to lunch and gave me flowers and fruit.  We have a running gag that Mom (me) has a terrible time picking good fruit.

I've received gifts and cards from grandchildren and my other two daughters.  So it's all good.

Honored Contributor

I will be having a slice of honey turkey, wrapped in a slice of habanero cheddar.   Perhaps a popsicle for dessert.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like an excellent meal!  This mama never cooks on Mothers Day.  I usually get treated with coffee and a bagel w/cream cheese for breakfast in bed.  Later I get taken to my favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.

I wish all of you a wonderful day!

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I will be having a slice of honey turkey, wrapped in a slice of habanero cheddar.   Perhaps a popsicle for dessert.

That's about as close to cooking as I ever want to get! LOL!  

Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

This mom doesn't cook on Mother's Day, either. We celebrated last weekend at a local steakhouse.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of making a stuffed french toast in a mini baker for breakfast. Just enough for mom!